Useless Breaking News

Invero

Original Poster
So the Test Track sign on World Drive was taken down, and replaced with a Mission: SPACE sign. It's a neat sign, but doesn't light up or do anything special.

Mission: SPACE

I saw that yesterday! At first I thought it was b/c of damage from the hurricanes, but I drove past today and saw them erecting a new Mission: SPACE billboard. When I went into MK, they were didn't have the shuttle on... but when I came back through an hour later, there it was! Looked pretty cool from the rear view mirror!

Pioneer Hall

That Test Track sign was up for a long time. Wonder why they are changing it now and didn't do that when they put up the other 300 Mission:Space signs last year.

Invero

Original Poster
DisneyInsider said:
That Test Track sign was up for a long time. Wonder why they are changing it now and didn't do that when they put up the other 300 Mission:Space signs last year.
Every so often they change out and rotate the signs... I wonder if any of the other ones will be changed or rotated?

orlpassholder

I thought the same thing when I was heading to MK I though hmmm storm damage then right when I got up close I was oh man I need my camera but it was too late. When I left after park closing the shuttle was in place and they had lights on it and a crane was in the back

It basically looks like the current EPCOT front on the park map.

Pioneer Hall

I always thought that an attraction poster for something in the MK would have been better there. You are heading right for the toll booth, why not just show off what the park has.

Swfewrmco

Perhaps the theory is that you don't need to be sold on what's in the MK if you are already headed for it. I think it's meant to get people thinking, "Hey, maybe we should go to Epcot tomorrow to check out that ride?"

surfsupdon

On a side note, the Flik 3D billboard is one of my all time favorites. So classic.

But yes, for day guests to MK, it's like, "Hey maybe we should try that park out too."

Pixie Duster

I was gonna post this last night when I passed by it around midnight last night, but then I came home and was exhausted.

I don't have a pic, but it is a very 3D type billboard. It is not a rectangle, it is the top part of the Earth with Florida being the focus. And from the Earth the four seat Mission: SPACE pod blasts off into the air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom