Used Quick Silver?

David

Original Poster
We are going down in October and have always used Mears in the past, just because it was part of our package. I spoke with Quick Silver last week and they said that our travel agent should be able to cancel the Mears part of our package without adding any alteration fee. As a result, we could save a little money because the Quick Silver charge is less than what Mears charges.

So my questions:

Has anyone ever made this change? Did your travel agents give you a problem doing this? Were you satisfied with the service of Quick Silver?

Thanks for your responses!

badnitrus

Hi,
For my last trip the travel agent told me the package included a round-trip from the airport to the Disney hotel and that it was optional. I was highly interested by Quicksilver mainly due to the wonderful comments on several websites. I told him to remove the Mears transportation option, which he did in a second. And I called Quicksilver to arrange everything (although the travel agent offered to do it for me, I told him I would do it myself). I even booked a round-trip to Clearwater Beach.

I really recommend them. They were professional, on time, courteous. I saved money and felt well treated, especially because I didn't have to travel with other people like with Mears. We had our own driver, our own car, our own schedule, so you also save time by getting directly to your hotel! LOVED the grocery stop (bought a cooler, drinks and food). I don't know, when you book a private transport, it just makes it extra special. :wave:

ksingle

QuickSilver was Great

We used QuickSilver for our trip back in April and it was great. Although, since this was our first trip I can't compare them to anyone. Our flight into Orlando was over two hours delayed. I called and informed them that we were going to be delayed and they checked the boards for me so I would not have to call them back to let them know when our flight was actually going to arrive. Even with being over 2 hours late, we were still able to do the grocery stop. They went out of their way for us. Because of the delay Greg (the owner) picked us up himself, as our scheduled driver was picking up someone else. We had them pick us up at the end of our trip and they took us to a hotel near the airport for our last night as we had an early morning flight. They were at the resort right on time. We had no complaints at all with them.

swimmom

Can't answer regarding the change in your package, however I would highly recommend a towncar service over Mears any day, especially if your group is three or more. We haven't use Quick Silver, but from all the positive feedback we will be booking with them in December this year. Our last two experiences with Mears got me to looking to other transportation to & from the airport and now we will never go back to Mears.

Rcoaster809

Quicksilver is excellent. Go with them.

It was cheaper for us (family of 6) to go with Quicksilver, but it is also so much more convinient then Mears (I've never done the Mears thing, but friends have). They help with your luggage, and the grocery stop is a very nice added bonus. Drop-off at the airport could not be anymore convinient as they drop you off right at the surb-side check in booth. We also had an incident where the airline cancelled our connecting flight, so I just called Quicksilver and told them the new time and flight number, and they said it was no problem.

I will be using Quicksilver again next year!

Nansafan

Another Quicksilver fan here! I echo everyone else, courteous, prompt etc. We didn't use the grocery stop feature but may in the future. While on vacation, my niece sprained her ankle and was wheelchair bound for the last 3 days. On departure day, when we arrived at the airport, Douglas our driver had us wait while he got a wheelchair for Michelle. There is no way we'd have made it to the gate with her trying to hop through the terminal. It's the little things that make a trip for me and this was a biggie.

murphy

We,ve been to WDW 5 times. I have always used mears, but our last trip this june we used quick silver! This was one of the best changes we have made to our WDW trips! Besides being cheaper, they were more prompt, no stops to other resorts, which means you get to your destination sooner. I also lost my purse on the plane and the driver helped call the airport for us , and went out of his way to check back after his next trip to see if they had found it! He also had contact with me for 2 days to see if I had recovered my purse! Thank God NWA found everything and returned it with everything in tact! I highly recommend quick silver! I will use them again!!!

jodilt

I have always used Mears, because it seemed cheaper. There is only 2 in my party, and I sounds like those of you who have posted here have larger groups. Anyone travel with only 2? How much did you pay? We usually pay less than $60 for mears round trip. Just curious..

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
jodilt said:
I have always used Mears, because it seemed cheaper. There is only 2 in my party, and I sounds like those of you who have posted here have larger groups. Anyone travel with only 2? How much did you pay? We usually pay less than $60 for mears round trip. Just curious..

Hi Jodilt,

You are correct. With two adults Mears will be $58.00 (gratuity not included). The problem with Mears is depending on day and time it might take you up to 2 hours to reach your destination. For just $37.00 more (most WDW resorts) you'll get one of our private chauffeurs to meet and greet you, help with your luggage, and take you directly to WDW in a nice and comfortable Towncar. :sohappy:
Also, Mears will normally ask for 4 hours before your flight to pick you up upon return. There goes another 2 hours from your well deserved vacation... :animwink:

For any questions or concerns feel free to conatct us at nay time.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.
:) :) :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom