Use Years and borrowing/banking????

UKKaren

Original Poster
Hi

We only just joined DVC 2 months ago and so are new to this malarky! Our use year is March. We already have plans for a friends wedding in 2007 so will be banking our points at March 2007. We will then aim to book in Sept 2007 for July 2008. We want to book a bigger villa to take some friends so will need to use 2007 points and 2008 points but also borrow some from 2009. are we allowed to do this? We will be booking to travel during our 2008 use year so those points will be current and 2009 the next year but we will be booking in 2007!!!

If someone can even understand what i am going on about an answer would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Karen

slappy magoo

I think what you want to do is OK, but really, you should probably call DVC direct.

One concern is that, once you book your 2007 points, for some reason, they won't let you book a trip with them until your 2008 use year begins. My other concern is that you won't be able to borrow 2009 use year points until your 2008 use year begins, so even though you're booking in September 07 for a July 08 trip, they won't let you borrow points until March of 08. There might not be a problem, but I'd probably feel better hearing it from someone who does this for a living.

jim1051

There are banking windows which are separate from booking windows. Do your banking within that window eg 100% of your points can be banked if you do it in first 6 mos of your use year. Once banked you cannot use them til nextuse year.

Once you are within 11 mos of trip date you can then book your trip for following use year using those banmked points, points from the new use year and if necessary you can borrow from the following use year.

Once you borrow to make a ressy, you have to use those points in the year you borrowed them to, you cannot cancel ressy and put them back in their own year.

WOW sounds worse than it is as long as your plans don't change.

UKKaren

Original Poster
Blimey how complicated - so i think that means I should be ok. Plans won't change we have to book well in advance to get flights over from our local airport!:xmas: Santa comes soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom