Use of other swimming pools?

Sarbear1989

Original Poster
Hi there,

We are staying in OKW in august this year.

Our daughter who will be 2 loves Disney, so i was wondering are you able to use other Disney resorts 'pools'? I have been looking at pictures and think she would love Art of Animation?

Apologies if this has been asked and replied to before!

Thanks

JasonDeyoung

That and a lot of resorts(AoA is one)now have gates that u scan your magic band to let you in. Not a guest at that certain resort, won't let you in. I was surprised AKL doesn't have a gate yet. Otherwise they seem to be getting pretty strict on it now.

Last edited:

Pete256

The Pool, especially if you have kids, often drives what resort we stay at (that AND location) - We get to the parks at rope drop, push hard till 3:00 then go back to the resort and pool till dinner. So to verify what the others have said, you can only swim at your pool, not any others. I will say though, if you have a parkhopper pass and it is pre-paid, do go to one of the waterparks, I would suggest Typhoon Lagoon based on your daughter's age - it does not have the Animation items that AoA pool has but it is a great expereince

olinecoach61

The good news is that at that age they will love any pool. When our daughter was 3 her favorite part of the trip was the pool breaks and the water fountains / Casey Jr. Enjoy your trip!

RonAnnArbor

The only other pools that allow you to use their pools interchangeable are if you are staying at Port Orleans Riverside OR French Quarter -- but you need to wear clothing between the two resorts by bus or water taxi, you can't wear your swimsuit from one to the other.

Nemo14

The Pool, especially if you have kids, often drives what resort we stay at (that AND location) - We get to the parks at rope drop, push hard till 3:00 then go back to the resort and pool till dinner. So to verify what the others have said, you can only swim at your pool, not any others. I will say though, if you have a parkhopper pass and it is pre-paid, do go to one of the waterparks, I would suggest Typhoon Lagoon based on your daughter's age - it does not have the Animation items that AoA pool has but it is a great expereince
The parkhopper option does not get you into the water parks. You need the "Water Parks and More" option for that.

AndyS2992

The parkhopper option does not get you into the water parks. You need the "Water Parks and More" option for that.
Indeed, though depends what country you are from. UK/European (and probably other international countries) hopper tickets include the water parks, Disney Quest, ESPN and one round of mini golf a day at either course.

Nemo14

Indeed, though depends what country you are from. UK/European (and probably other international countries) hopper tickets include the water parks, Disney Quest, ESPN and one round of mini golf a day at either course.
Sorry - I didn't realize that.

AndyS2992

Isn't that technically called the 'ultimate ticket', which includes park hopper as one of the benefits?
Yeah I guess, although they are the only tickets you can buy internationally, or at least in the UK with the option of 7, 14 or 21 days. Of course the option is there to buy the standard US tickets at the parks themselves, though that would be kind of silly given the following:

7 Day Standard US Hopper: $399/£261 (Entry to 4 parks only with hopping)
7 or 14 Day UK Ultimate: $440/£289 (Entry to 6 parks with park hop, DQ, ESPN, Entry to Oak Ridge, a game of mini golf every day) Much better value and a shame Americans don't just have this simple all in one option.

Last edited:

Mouse_Trap

IIRC when I checked this just the other day, the UK 7/14 day Ultimate pass is pretty much the identical price as the US ticket with hopper and water parks & more options added.

They don't sell more than 10 days in the US, though by then you would just get an AP I guess.

So UK tickets are better for the 11-14 day range, but I get the sense that very few US guests visit this long in one trip. UK visitors often don't reuse they can buy tickets in the US so can end up paying more than they need to.

Basically it's a tiny perk Disney offers us UK guests to try to stop is going to Universal for a few days.

WDW_Jon

You get mini golf included in a UK ultimate ticket!?
Why did I pay last time! :mad::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom