US Flags at Half-Staff on Disney Property Until July 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

figment1988

Original Poster
Right.

Why the half mast? Do we fly flags at half mast for just anything these days?
Sometimes when something catastrophic (such as this shooting or 9/11) happens which involves americans, It's usually the president who gives the order as a show of respect towards the deceased. As for the last time, it was for when Steve Jobs died, but rather than being a presidential order, it was Disney's decision, as Steve was a shareholder. In the case of something major, i think it was following 9/11 that it happened to be a show of respect for the deceased.

NEL

It was definitly a horrible tragedy and my heart and prayers go out to the family of the victims. However I do think its overkill to lower the flag because of it. There are tragedies that happen on a daily basis, unfortunetly, and we cant lower the flag everytime. By doing this we actually deminish its importance. Thats just my take..

Tigger1988

It was definitly a horrible tragedy and my heart and prayers go out to the family of the victims. However I do think its overkill to lower the flag because of it. There are tragedies that happen on a daily basis, unfortunetly, and we cant lower the flag everytime. By doing this we actually deminish its importance. Thats just my take..
By doing this we give people the chance to complain while 12 people are dead and 50+ are injured, awesome.

First world problem, right here.

NEL

By doing this we give people the chance to complain while 12 people are dead and 50+ are injured, awesome.

First world problem, right here.

I am not complaining, I just gave my opinion. As I stated in my post, this definitly was a tragedy, I just don't think it is a national tragedy that merits the lowering of the flag. I believe that should be exclusive to National tragedies like an attack on the country or the death of one of our leaders. Once again, this is just my opinion, I did not start this post, I posted a reply like others have. This will be my last post on the matter as I do not want to continue a discusion on such a sensitive matter on a blog website about WDW. My heart and prayers go to the family and friends of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom