Upgrading to Annual Pass

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
If I purchase park tickets now and annual passes become available to purchase again, can I upgrade my ticket to an annual pass and still receive the DVC discount?

RememberWhen

OP, did you try to call DVC to see if buying an AP was possible? I’m assuming that one can’t buy them, but it’s fairly annoying.
We’ve got a trip in October and then we’re planning to bookend a cruise in February with a couple days. A gold AP would only cost $100 more each than the week long ticket in October. Seems nuts to buy 7-day tickets, and 2 2-day tickets for each person. But we need to make park reservations too... so many complications.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Passes are not available...the “opinion” that I recently received is they won’t be in 2021. I have no reason to doubt that.

If they change course...yes it’s easy to upgrade them.

RememberWhen

Passes are not available...the “opinion” that I recently received is they won’t be in 2021. I have no reason to doubt that.

If they change course...yes it’s easy to upgrade them.
It’s a bit frustrating since they’re letting people renew them. Half of our travel group have APs, half have day-tickets that expire the month before our October trip (they were bought for our July 2020 trip). The folks with day-tickets could have DVC APs if they were selling them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a bit frustrating since they’re letting people renew them. Half of our travel group have APs, half have day-tickets that expire the month before our October trip (they were bought for our July 2020 trip). The folks with day-tickets could have DVC APs if they were selling them.

No doubt. They are “rewarding” those that make a $1000 annual donation...I get it...but it still sucks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom