Upgrading to an Annual Pass

fosse76

I am going to WDW in September and booked the free dining offer. I only purchased a 1-Day MYW ticket because I wanted to earn more points on my Disney Visa and use that to pay for the rest of the MYW ticket (5 Day park hopper). The odds of me taking another trip within the next year are pretty high, so I was considering just upgrading that ticket to an annual pass instead. I assume I have to do the upgrade at one of the parks, or will I be able to do it at the resort?

cinderellafan6

My family and I always upgrade our tickets. We buy the Fl resident 3 day play tickets then the next time we go up there we upgrade to the seasonal pass. Since we hate goin in the summer. You have to go to guest relations and they upgrade them for you. Its a great thing so you dont have to pay for the tickets all at once.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Original Poster
I now have a follow-up;

Say I go to Disney September 17 and upgrade my 1-Day MYW ticket to the 5-day park hopper. On Sept. 20 I receive my birthday fun card. Am I able to then go to guest relations and use that to apply to the cost of an upgrade to an annual pass? Or do I have to upgrade before I use the ticket. Originally I was going to use the card toward a tour, but if I can apply it to an annual pass then I'd rather do that.

Upvote 0

Clare-DPME

I'd call and ask but I think you can get a credit for the birthday ticket and then upgrade using it towards the full cost of an AP.

Just one note - first you can do ticket upgrades at DTD at Guest Relations there.
Second - wherever you upgrade make sure they put the right date on your AP. It should be a year from the day you activated the original ticket not a year from the day you purchased it (which they accidentally did to me and my AP had 4 days on it! - Luckily we noticed before leaving GR)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I now have a follow-up;

Say I go to Disney September 17 and upgrade my 1-Day MYW ticket to the 5-day park hopper. On Sept. 20 I receive my birthday fun card. Am I able to then go to guest relations and use that to apply to the cost of an upgrade to an annual pass? Or do I have to upgrade before I use the ticket. Originally I was going to use the card toward a tour, but if I can apply it to an annual pass then I'd rather do that.
That is a tough one. Per the official rules it does not say that you can use the fun card towards annual passes but it also does not explicitly state that you can not.

Upvote 0

MissM

I don't think you can apply the Fun Card towards tickets but I know you can apply the one day ticket towards an upgrade. Love's brother was on seasonal blackout for his birthday so he got the ticket and applied it to his AP renewal. The Will Call CM was VERY confused about how to do it but she did manage to get it done. (The rules for people on blackouts specify that you can apply your one day ticket towards upgrades and renewals which is where we thought of the idea.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom