Upgrading to a deluxe question.

Labmommy

Original Poster
We currently have reservations at CBR for the first week of December. I was reading discounts for that week usually come out in August, is wilderness lodge usually in the discounts for that time of year? And is it worth it to switch out hotel to the wilderness lodge? Thanks

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We currently have reservations at CBR for the first week of December. I was reading discounts for that week usually come out in August, is wilderness lodge usually in the discounts for that time of year? And is it worth it to switch out hotel to the wilderness lodge? Thanks

Yes Wilderness Lodge and all the Deluxes are included in the room discounts that time of year normally but rooms available for the discount can go fast. And yes for us deluxe is the way to go so we think it's absolutely worth it! WL and all the other Deluxes are absolutely gorgeous that time of year! ;)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you are willing to spend the money WL is one of the best deluxes on property IMHO. We honeymooned there in 2002. Loved it. It's just far enough out of the way yet close to MK. You won't have monorail service at the resort but I think that is actually a plus. I could sit in the lobby and listen to the background music and people watch for hours.

Labmommy

Original Poster
Thank you both for your advice. It looks so beautiful from the pictures I have seen. How much are the discounts usually? And if we switched now could we get the discounts come August?

Much-Pixie-Dust

If it's in your budget, totally worth switching! This is especially true if you like to spend time at your resort as they have more amenities to enjoy. We loved visiting Disney during the first week of December. WL is decorated beautifully at that of the year.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Thank you both for your advice. It looks so beautiful from the pictures I have seen. How much are the discounts usually? And if we switched now could we get the discounts come August?
Yes you could get the discounts as long as they have availability in the room category that you're looking for.

Club Cooloholic

I know WL books really fast, but let me tell you I love The Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Labmommy

Original Poster
WL booked up before I could change resorts so we are considering AKL. I'm wondering if anything will come available at WL...I may book AKL as a back up. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
WL booked up before I could change resorts so we are considering AKL. I'm wondering if anything will come available at WL...I may book AKL as a back up. Thanks for everyone's help!!
AKL has a lot of the same feel as wilderness. They also have an animal viewing area. When we stayed there a few years back they did nighttime viewing and they would let you look at the animals through night vision goggles.

lostpro9het

Just a word of caution. In my opinion, once you've had the experience of a Deluxe Resort going back to a moderate or value resort will be a significant letdown.
FACT!

As a long time POP fanatic and now a DVC kool aid drinker, we've tried to like POP again but just can't.

Also, AKL gets my vote!

cheesecake

Wilderness Lodge is SO pretty at Christmas time! I would definitely recommend it no matter what, but especially at this time of year.

Last trip, we had some financial cut backs, and stayed at Art of Animation. It was very nice and we were all happy to be there. But we felt the difference between Value and Deluxe.

That being said, my sister and I are lobbying hard to get the rest of the family to agree to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our next trip! I think either way, you can't go wrong!

If you want to get away from it all without leaving it completely, WL is a fun choice because you can take a water taxi to Magic Kingdom and see the Electrical Water Pageant from the grounds. AKL is somewhat isolated (which I think is a cool thing). If you're driving, tack on a couple more minutes to your drive. I assume the bus service is the same. That AKL lobby is awe inspiring, by the way. I stayed at CBR earlier this year, and while I feel like I got value for my money, I was kicking myself that I couldn't make the jump to deluxe. Amenities are better situated at the deluxes (you don't have to walk a country mile to get a burger as was my case at CBR).

BrianV

We were considering wilderness lodge for this summer but it is undergoing renovation. I understand they need to happen but if you can avoid, why not. Might be done by the time you would be there.

We'd planned to.stay off site or at Coronado springs but upgraded to akl. Never even visited and can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom