News Upgrades coming to EPCOT parking lot

bhg469

Maybe they did what they did to MK's parking lot in the past. They milled the top layer of asphalt off and then fed it into a specialized paver that heated up the millings, added additional liquid asphalt, mixed it up and then laid it back down.

I remember they did the same thing at Downtown Disney and there was a thread with pictures here of the machine catching fire in the parking lot.
Thats a good point.. I only saw the striping of the lot because they had clearly done it very early in the morning. We have plants all over Florida and it would not surprise me if the contractor bought the product from us.. We have one 14 miles away..

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Something like this would be very nice to have at all the parks, but particulary EPCOT.

0x0-Supercharger_07.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Something like this would be very nice to have at all the parks, but particulary EPCOT.

View attachment 661661

It's too bad Disney hasn't done this at a different park already. Oh wait...

I agree, this would be great for all the parks. And this would be perfect for EPCOT Center. Too bad modern management doesn't see the viability/synergy between this and the park.

MagicHappens1971

22 years is not relatively new IMO. Also Disney built 3 parking decks and charge $0 for using them. And last time I checked it still cost $$ to maintain blacktop.
It was understood on here, that they can’t legally charge for parking at the DS garages as they were largely funded by tax payer money, and they are not ran/maintained by Disney, rather RCID.

Twirlnhurl

It was understood on here, that they can’t legally charge for parking at the DS garages as they were largely funded by tax payer money, and they are not ran/maintained by Disney, rather RCID.
RCID is a type of local government, and those charge for parking all the time. City of Orlando owns thousands of paid parking stalls in multiple structures, and the practice is very common.

Was there something specific about the deal between Disney and RCID that specifically forbid paid parking? That would be fascinating if true.

I've always assumed that paid parking was inevitable at Disney Springs, eventually. Hell, even the outlets just up the street charges for parking in most of their spaces these days. Just because the entry and exit areas don't have booths, doesn't mean they can't use license plate readers on entry and install booths on exit. And the curious ramp configuration on the Grapefruit garage has to be on purpose...

MagicHappens1971

RCID is a type of local government, and those charge for parking all the time. City of Orlando owns thousands of paid parking stalls in multiple structures, and the practice is very common.

Was there something specific about the deal between Disney and RCID that specifically forbid paid parking? That would be fascinating if true.

I've always assumed that paid parking was inevitable at Disney Springs, eventually. Hell, even the outlets just up the street charges for parking in most of their spaces these days. Just because the entry and exit areas don't have booths, doesn't mean they can't use license plate readers on entry and install booths on exit. And the curious ramp configuration on the Grapefruit garage has to be on purpose...

I think there was some type of understanding. Maybe it’s because they may have also used Disney and RCID funding and it’s complicated. Another one of the reasons that people believed this was also because the surface lots charge for parking at DS

tpoly88

I wish theyd cover the parking lots with solar panels/shade structures like in paris. Thatd be a great way to also hide the GotG box from the Epcot parking lot
i agree, especially if you park in first lot to the right, the spaces all face SW so your car is nice and hot when you get back. Given that Disney is trying to go green, surprised they have not built a couple parking structures with solar on top level. only reason is coming in the parking would get tricky with everyone going up the ramps, Uni garage gets a little crazy sometimes but i love the moving walkway that gets you to city walk. As far a charging stations... love that people have EV's but they wont have enough space for this unless a big part of the front parking lot where the drop off is can get them. you cant have a central EV station either like the gas station as the line would be crazy to charge up. i know people in CA telling me they have waited an hr to charge as they had to wait for others before plugging in. its amazing walking from the car the heat that comes off that lot!
Trams.. dont need it there, be better to have covered moving walkways.

CntrlFlPete

went to Epcot the other day. was nice to see a line painted giving a clear path to walk as well as blue dashed lines for cars to follow to get to the 'medical parking' area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom