Upgrades and Improvements to Disney Transport

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
"Larry Truong writes:
“Our buses, monorails, boats and trams aren’t just modes of transportation for our Guests and Cast Members,”says JasonKirk vice president of Walt Disney World Transportation Operations, “They are apart of the fun and a part of the immersive Disney experience.”
Special greetings themed to a bus’s destination now appear on the marquees. ‘Charmed To See You” is one of the greetings for buses headed to Magic Kingdom Park.
New digital screens at all of our resort bus stops let Guests know in real-time when their bus is scheduled to arrive.
An all-new interior themed to the “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” mesmerized Guests during a limited play test in 2016. Nicknamed “the fun bus.‘ it featured a custom light show, advanced GPS technology and comfy seats as seen in this video
And watercraft Cast Members across property now sport new costumes.
Technology has been updated to a more automated system as part of several recent enhancements, for a safer and more efficient ride.
Monorail Cast Members are hosting spontaneous trivia contests for Guests aboard the monorail and Guests can win prizes. “How many monorail cars make up a monorail train?”
Monorail highway in the sky dining includes three resorts five courses in a culinary monorail journey.
“We’ll be there in 223 elephant steps.” says the educational, new signage in the parking lots at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. That’s about a four- minute walk in human steps.
Our parking trams will receive an all-new paint job inspired by the monorail colors. New, custom-made tram tractors will also ensure a quieter transit." I just saw this on Facebook and figured id share. Most information has already been reported but

Marc Davis Fan

I'm glad they realize that all transportation should be part of the "show." The buses are the category that really need improvement to make them feel special / different from "outside world" transportation. Custom buses like those at Tokyo Disney would make a huge difference, IMO. Short of that, perhaps higher-quality, custom interiors?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Depending on the circumstances the spiel can be either cute (to some anyhow) or on a day the transportation is failing-force feeding guests that spiel while agitated isn't a good recipe. The Frontline CMs already take enough heat for overcrowded, late buses and monorails that are less than timely and often guests packed in like sardines. This doesn't help the core inadequacies that Disney attempts to market as the best in the industry.

Rather than expend time on poofing it up, fix the inadequacies THEN glam up a sound product. The reverse isn't a good business model. It should not be the norm for a 45 minute plus boat transport from the back gate of Epcot to the Studios. It is fixable. Jazz'n it up doesn't cover it up it is just more economical distraction for the real shortcomings. Disney is just failing to address the real issues of reliable and timely transportation for the volume of guests utilizing it. No sound track is going to convince guests otherwise when the pick up times keep getting longer and pushed back at the bus stops on the fancy tv screens.

roj2323

WhKS1vK1.png

I wonder if they will color corrdinate at TTC so villains colors are on one side and heros colors on the other?

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyDreamer08

They briefly mention the monitors with bus arrival times- we stayed at Sports this past Sept and we learned the times were rarely right. We stopped relying on them after the first day or two. The arrival time would change 4 or 5 times while we were waiting in line. It wasn't a big deal, we were waiting no matter how long the wait was, but clearly they were still working things out. The only time we almost had an issue was waiting for an AK bus, we had an 8 am ADR and according to the board, the bus wasn't coming for 20 minutes or so. I was worried we were going to be late. It was super hot and my husband wanted to go wait inside. I insisted we stay outside just in case and sure enough, a bus came 5 minutes later. I hope they can figure out a better system because it could be super helpful if it worked properly.

ptaylor

Premium Member
"Larry Truong writes:
“Our buses, monorails, boats and trams aren’t just modes of transportation for our Guests and Cast Members,”says JasonKirk vice president of Walt Disney World Transportation Operations, “They are apart of the fun and a part of the immersive Disney experience.”
Special greetings themed to a bus’s destination now appear on the marquees. ‘Charmed To See You” is one of the greetings for buses headed to Magic Kingdom Park.
New digital screens at all of our resort bus stops let Guests know in real-time when their bus is scheduled to arrive.
An all-new interior themed to the “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” mesmerized Guests during a limited play test in 2016. Nicknamed “the fun bus.‘ it featured a custom light show, advanced GPS technology and comfy seats as seen in this video
And watercraft Cast Members across property now sport new costumes.
Technology has been updated to a more automated system as part of several recent enhancements, for a safer and more efficient ride.
Monorail Cast Members are hosting spontaneous trivia contests for Guests aboard the monorail and Guests can win prizes. “How many monorail cars make up a monorail train?”
Monorail highway in the sky dining includes three resorts five courses in a culinary monorail journey.
“We’ll be there in 223 elephant steps.” says the educational, new signage in the parking lots at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. That’s about a four- minute walk in human steps.
Our parking trams will receive an all-new paint job inspired by the monorail colors. New, custom-made tram tractors will also ensure a quieter transit." I just saw this on Facebook and figured id share. Most information has already been reported but

In other words, doing everything other than something that would make a real difference - new monorail trains and proper investment in a failing transport infrastructure.

Siren

Wow! This is so nice. I see Disney is borrowing a page from Delta and Virgin Airlines with the beautiful lighting.

aladdin2007

I miss the old school days, when the bus drivers had their own spiel and they played classic Disney songs on the busses. I understand they want the drivers focus on the roads. Just saying it was a more personal, and to me a more magical, experience. Here's hoping the new design plays classic Disney music.

this! I miss the mickey mouse club march playing as you pulled in to the MK, or the resort specific music as you got closer to that resort etc. do we need disco clubs on the busses?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Now, can we PLEASE get an app that displays the same info shown at the bus stops? Pretty please? Heck, even a channel on the hotel TV that displays this info. It would just be nice to know when the next bus to Magic Kingdom is coming before I leave the hotel room... (at least partially because trying to keep three kids who are ridiculously excited to get to the parks somewhat under control is much easier in the room than it is if you're waiting 15-20 minutes at the bus stop...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom