Upgrade to CBR? booked to stay in POP

AliceinWhoville

With that discount out I could upgrade from the POP to CBR for $70 more.

Should I go for it? seems like its more simple at POP walking wise then CBR but we will be coming down from the snowbelt to a tropical island in Dec.

Only there for 3.5 days, but walking might be an issue for my mom.

Ugh what to do what to do.

Never stayed in either resort.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm having that same delimma right now. I have POP booked w/AP discount right now but I could upgrade to CSR for about $150 more...

I've stayed @ POP before but never at CSR

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

You could see how much it is to just get a prefered foom at Pop? Also, you can rent a wheelchair for the duration of your stay from an outside vender so your mom will not have a problem walking anywhere. My family is going in Dec. and my grandparents are coming too. Both of them can walk but not for long periods of time so we decided to rent them some ECV's for the duratin of the trip. I looked up the prices and to rent a nice ECV that they could keep the whole trip was cheaper than the ones you rent at the park. A big plus was that they got to keep them and could ride them around at the resorts and DTD. Also, the company that rents them out delivers to the resort you are staying at then picks them up at the end of your trip. When i checked on them about a month ago they were $10.00 cheper than the ones you rent from Disney. The rental place was located at Disney's Boardwalk Inn.

Upvote 0

KHockett

I have stayed at both and would stay at POP if I were you. If you could update to POFQ or POR then I would upgrade, but not to CBR. If you aren't close by to the food court, it is a long walk and it just isn't as easy to navigate. I loved POP and we weren't in a preferred room and everything was really close! I would use the money on a really nice dinner or something.

Upvote 0

kjd469

Have also stayed at both, and would definitely choose Pop over CBR. Didn't care for CBR at all, and the size of the resort is it's biggest downfall IMHO.

Upvote 0

SorcererGrandma

No no -- go to CBR!

Your Mom would soooo enjoy the splendor of a tropical scene. Besides, she's going to need something serene to look at after a busy day at the parks. And if she eats too much, in the evening you can just roll her into the lake and let her float over to the right building. :wave::lol::wave:

Upvote 0

optjay

Should switch to CBR.
really is a nice tropical resort. Size really is not as bad as you would think. Is much more calm than POP

Upvote 0

AliceinWhoville

Original Poster
Your Mom would soooo enjoy the splendor of a tropical scene. Besides, she's going to need something serene to look at after a busy day at the parks. And if she eats too much, in the evening you can just roll her into the lake and let her float over to the right building. :wave::lol::wave:

I think the amount of food she is planning on eating, she would make a great dinner for an alligator in that lake. :ROFLOL:

Funny I called early Sunday and the CBR didnt have any availible rooms left and got the worst CRO person known to disney, wasnt even wished a magical day.

Called back later and got the nicest person and got the CBR room for only a $50 upgrade.

If we have to deal with the snow in Dec I wont care how much i have to walk in the tropical Aruba/Jamaica CBR ville lol. I'd trade white sand for white snow any day.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

About 1/3 of the rooms are at least a 10 minute walk from the hub building at CBR. More realistically a 15 minute walk. It becomes A LOT about the 3rd day you decide to use those refillible mugs you dropped $12 on after. a long day at the park

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I lived in Cleveland Heights for 3 years. I know exactly how gray it is from late-October 'til April. CBR and its lush vegetation will be a very welcome relief.

Here are some differences between Moderate and Value resorts:

Moderate rooms are 314 sq. ft. (except CBR rooms are 340).
Value rooms are 260 sq. ft.
The 80 square feet difference is about the size of three double beds.

Moderate rooms have a ceiling fan.
Value rooms don't.

Moderate rooms have a fridge.
Value rooms don't (or you'll pay $10/day to rent).

Moderate rooms have 2 sinks (except CSR's have 1).
Value rooms have 1 sink.

Moderates have a pool slide and a hot tub.
Values have neither.

Moderates provide pool towels at the main pool.
Values do not provide any pool towels … you must use your room towels.

Moderates' bus stops are covered (think protection from rain and hot sun).
Values' bus stops are not covered.

Moderates have lush landscaping.
Values have more "hardscaping."

Moderates have a food court AND a table-service restaurant (except POFQ ... food court only).
Values have only a food court.

Moderates have some sort of recreational activity (e.g., boat rentals, bike rentals).
Values don't have that type of recreational activity.

At Moderates, the maximum room charge limit is $1,000.
At Values, it's $500.

EXTRA CREDIT:

POFQ and POR have boat service to Downtown Disney.
CSR has full room service, and a gym.
Values are much more "kid-themed" and whimsical-looking than the Moderates.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

I have stayed at both and would stay at POP if I were you. If you could update to POFQ or POR then I would upgrade, but not to CBR. If you aren't close by to the food court, it is a long walk and it just isn't as easy to navigate. I loved POP and we weren't in a preferred room and everything was really close! I would use the money on a really nice dinner or something.
Yeah, what you said:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom