Upgrade to AP and FL resident questions

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
Okay, so I have searched and I haven't really found my answer and when I called WDW the castmember didn't have an answer either. We currently have 7 day tickets with park hopper for 3 adults and 1 child (really 2 kids, but but Disney she is an "adult" now). We purchased our trip with a free dining promotion in December. First question, how much of a credit towards the AP would we receive? On Disney's site, it shows the same tickets at the same time would be $2,334.02. Is that what they will go by for a credit towards the AP? How many days a year do you have to go to truly make the AP worth it? Since we don't need the AP discounts for dining this trip, when would you upgrade to AP? What other information would be beneficial to making a decision whether you would upgrade or not? We went twice last year and my dad recently moved to FL, so we would have another reason to go there. Another question not related to AP, is my dad now able to purchase discount FL resident tickets for us or would he also have to go to the parks? How does that work?

nickys

Premium Member
Okay, so I have searched and I haven't really found my answer and when I called WDW the castmember didn't have an answer either. We currently have 7 day tickets with park hopper for 3 adults and 1 child (really 2 kids, but but Disney she is an "adult" now). We purchased our trip with a free dining promotion in December. First question, how much of a credit towards the AP would we receive? On Disney's site, it shows the same tickets at the same time would be $2,334.02. Is that what they will go by for a credit towards the AP? How many days a year do you have to go to truly make the AP worth it? Since we don't need the AP discounts for dining this trip, when would you upgrade to AP? What other information would be beneficial to making a decision whether you would upgrade or not? We went twice last year and my dad recently moved to FL, so we would have another reason to go there. Another question not related to AP, is my dad now able to purchase discount FL resident tickets for us or would he also have to go to the parks? How does that work?

All adults need to get their APs activated. And if you have bought a Florida resident AP, you will need to provide proof of address that matches your ID in order to activate it.

PolynesianPrincess

As a Florida resident each adult would need to provide proof of Florida residency. So your dad wouldn't be able to buy them for you, only for himself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom