News Updates coming to the Walt Disney World Dining Reservation System

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details on changes to the dining reservation system below via LaughingPlace.

In the coming days, Disney will be updating how guests book dining reservations on the Disneyland and Walt Disney World websites, as well as the Disneyland and My Disney Experience apps. These updates include:
  • Visibility of All Available Reservation Slots: Guests will see all reservation slots available to them for their selected dining location and timeframe on the Disneyland website/Disneyland app and on the Walt Disney World website/My Disney Experience app. Currently, only a few available reservation slots that fit the Guest’s selected timeframe are shown.

2023-WDW-dining-advance-dining-reservations-website-times-changing-update.png
  • Reservation Slots Sorted by Meal Period: Reservation availability will be sorted by meal period so Guests can view which menu is being served during the time of their reservation. For example, it will be clearer to guests whether the lunch or dinner menu is being served at 4:00 p.m.

2023-WDW-dining-advance-dining-reservations-my-disney-experience-app-times-changing-update.png

• These updates will roll out in phases across the websites and iOS and Android platforms.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually don’t like it (shocking)…

It’s gonna mean all the same spots will be taken at once…where a limited view might have had people take some at other softer times?

The good news is their bookings continue to tank…so we can look forward to 1/4 staffed restaurants being “unavailable” soon 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are they going to stop people trading/selling spots/general gaming the system?
Well they haven’t really had that type of demand for 5 years…those people are kinda selling snakeoil

But as far as “stopping” them? I don’t know if they can?

If somebody could explain how the booking sites actually work it would be appreciated 👍🏻

jinx8402

Apparently you need to log in prior to searching for available times. Wonder if that will impact Touring Plan's reservation finder?

Chip Chipperson

I like this. They made it needlessly complicated to search for times. They're finally catching up to what services like Open Table have been doing all over the country.

Piebald

As someone who recently made a lot of reservations I like these changes.

Maybe it's cause summer has been slow, but I haven't had any issues getting reservations week of or even day before although the method behind booking reservations is a bit annoying. We ate at Topolinos twice (breakfast and dinner) in the last month and the server lamented the 2hr cancellation window was too soon and left a lot of open tables for such an in demand restaurant. We've been to Tiffins and Yachtsmans just straight up walking up and reserving as we walked and had no issues getting Topolinos or Toledo. Even saw California Grill open many times.

note2001

Positive changes, but as usual Disney is operating in the slow lane with technology.

... I know, programmers don't pay the bills, except every revenue producing item touches upon technology and what the programmers develop and maintain in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom