Updated People Mover Audio

Sapr15

Original Poster
Just got off my first ride on the PM since SGE has shut down for seasonal operation. I assumed since the ride has been deemed "seasonal" & not officially closed that the PM audio would remain the same. But to my surprise it was nothing but background music around the entire building. It was very awkward. Maybe it was just me because I know that the audio was missing. But the entire way around the building it just felt odd. Like you knew something was supposed to be happening but nothing but background music.

I honestly think they should just leave the audio the way it is at least until the ride is officially shut down. Or at least replace the audio with something. Like most of everything else, I feel like this was a bad choice on Disney's part.

Biff215

Well it shows they were prepared and actually cared to turn it off, IMO it's the right and only thing to do. I like Stitch (the character), but losing that narration is welcomed. It was obnoxious, especially when heard over and over from below. It will be more interesting to see if they actually turn it back on when the attraction reopens.

Bairstow

Well it shows they were prepared and actually cared to turn it off, IMO it's the right and only thing to do. I like Stitch (the character), but losing that narration is welcomed. It was obnoxious, especially when heard over and over from below. It will be more interesting to see if they actually turn it back on when the attraction reopens.

I DON'T THINK SO! HEH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Cmdr_Crimson

Lesson learned... Never have the composer of Space Mountain (Mike Brassell) also be your Narrated Tour guide of Tomorrowland's highway in the sky...

Sapr15

Original Poster
Why "advertise" something that isn't open? Having the narration talk about SGE would be misleading. They did the right thing by removing it.
Misleading? Your right they probably should also throw a big cover over the SGE sign to & just pretend all completely like it's not there since its "Closed". Your missing my point. As I stated, if they want to remove the audio fine, but at least replace it with something relevant & entertaining. It's entirely to quite on most of the PM already. This just made it worse.

Bairstow

Misleading? Your right they probably should also throw a big cover over the SGE sign to & just pretend all completely like it's not there since its "Closed". Your missing my point. As I stated, if they want to remove the audio fine, but at least replace it with something relevant & entertaining. It's entirely to quite on most of the PM already. This just made it worse.

OK, so if Disney were to insert some kind of audio here, just 'cuz, what would you propose it say?

Sapr15

Original Poster
OK, so if Disney were to insert some kind of audio here, just 'cuz, what would you propose it say?
Well, as many have suggested anything relevant to TomorrowLand, or play off the sign that is placed in front of the ride entrance that states the ride is closed for the day due to stitch escaping. Something is better than nothing. When 2/3 of the ride already has no narration, why take away more audio. Just seems like a lack of effort. Maybe along with all the other little improvements TL has been getting, more is on the way. Only time will tell.

The_Jobu

This also works for the HoP when it comes back:

1271719.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Take what the Pete Reneday Audio used on the Blue Line and tweak it up a bit....
"At Tomorrowland's Interplanetary Convention Center come see out of this world exhibits and is a Host of Wonders from Far Away Planets."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom