Update tickets?

burfer

OK, I hope this has not been asked before, but can you upgrade your tickets? What I mean by that is we bought our tickets and have now decided that an annual pass is the way to go for us, so can we update our 7 day passes to an annual pass?

We were told by Disney that upgrading is ok as long as you bought the tickets through them.

If you buy them from a third party you can't upgrade as Disney doesn't know how much you paid for them.

I don't know if the type of ticket you have changes any of this though.

Upvote 0

MissM

You can upgrade your tickets for annual passes in person, at guest services so long as you have the actual tickets. I tried to upgrade over the phone and they said no. I had to drive from Tampa to Orlando to upgrade last time. (*grump*)

Also, if you buy a one-day for example and use it, you have 14 days to apply that one-day towards an AP as well. (FL residents can also take a one-day and apply it to a play 3 day pass within 14 days also. And, FL residents can upgrade a seasonal to a full AP as well.)
-m

Upvote 0

X12345

How about this? I bought a 7 day pass from dec 29-jan4. Can I upgrade to a season pass for 2006 deducting the full 7 day cost? or would it be prorated from jan 1 on?

Upvote 0

Dizparks

jpstajdl said:
How about this? I bought a 7 day pass from dec 29-jan4. Can I upgrade to a season pass for 2006 deducting the full 7 day cost? or would it be prorated from jan 1 on?

Annual passes are good for 365 days, starting on the first day you use them at a park. So you can go ahead and upgrade at anytime.

Upvote 0

napnet

What about upgrading Florida Residential Seasonal Pass to full AP? We are getting seasonal passes for the first time in Dec and am wondering if i would want to upgrade them later and go during black out periods and get the free parking. would it just be $100 more?

Upvote 0

MissM

Yeah if you have a seasonal and you want to go to a full annual, you just pay the difference. That doesn't extend the expiration date of the pass of course but it does remove all blackout dates and give you free parking.
-m

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

How does it work if you upgrade partially used tickets with no expiry? We have 3 days left on 10 day tickets. Would we do better just to buy an AP and save the 3 days for another year (when we might not have AP)?

Upvote 0

MissM

When you upgrade tickets, the year starts from the first day you used them. So if you have no expiration tix, I'd just hold on to them and not upgrade them. You'd kinda waste them.

For example. Couple years ago we had FL resident Play 4 Day Passes. We got them in June. Went a couple times and upgraded them when they were done in October. But our AP only went through June of the next year since that's when we first used the original tickets.
-m

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

Cyclone - pretty sure you can't. The dining plan is available only as part of a package purchased from Disney, as I understand it. So you would have to buy tickets through Disney and make room reservations onsite at the same time.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

cyclonerod said:
I bought tickets from expedia, they did not have the meal plan option, can i purchase that at the resort.

The Disney Dinning Plan is NOT sold separately. It is part of the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package. This package includes a 1-10 night stay at a Disney Resort, a Magic Your Way ticket of your choice and the dinning plan for the length of your stay, sold together at a packaged price. Vacation packages must be purchased at least 3 days prior to arrival.

If you already have a room-only reservation, you would need to cancel it with possible penaltes. If you have already purchased tickets, you would need to save them for a future visit as they are non-refundable, and re-purchase tickets as part of your vacation package.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom