Update from the MK

KevinPage

Gregory,

Unless something MAJOR has happened in the past 10 days, nothing in the 20K area would be indicative of any progress. Last I saw it was dirt and more dirt back , as all the usual pics you see online over the past few months were.

Also with Small World, the same thing. it's all boarded up. So unless we has inside you can't see squat.

Me thinks he is pulling your leg trying to sound like he knows some inside info, when all this is pretty common knowledge already. :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Indy95 said:
They're expanding the number of turnstiles because the upcoming "Magic Your Way" tickets require a finger scan for ALL tickets.

Guess I picked a bad day to burn all my finger prints off with acid......do they do toe prints??? :hammer: :hammer:

space42

KevinPage said:
Gregory,

Unless something MAJOR has happened in the past 10 days, nothing in the 20K area would be indicative of any progress. Last I saw it was dirt and more dirt back , as all the usual pics you see online over the past few months were.

Here are some pictures from 12/20/04

http://www.disneyforever.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=201&page=1

Notice that Pooh and friends are on the construction wall as well. Looks like 100 acres woods is taking shape to me.

Thelazer

The inside of it's a small world is NOT being painted silver and gold. The new enterence area, however may be getting that paint job.

CrombieRyan1892

the hundred acre wood thing isnt that bad, if done rite, they can make it an ok area that is better than the old lagoon sitting there doing nothing. surely disney plans on putting an actual attraction there eventually (MK's next mountain hopefully.)

i really like the idea of making it's a small world more like disneyland's classic exterior, that it the one thing thato i dunt like about the wdw version. the gold and silver sound like it could look realli good, if done tastefully.

SpenceMan01

Indy95 said:
They're expanding the number of turnstiles because the upcoming "Magic Your Way" tickets require a finger scan for ALL tickets. As you can imagine, since most people have not used the AP and are therefore not familiar with the finger scan, it could cause HUGE bottlenecks. Hence the new turnstiles.

Whoa! I must have missed something. When did we find out that all passes were requiring finger scans?!? *initiates a search*

TURKEY

All adult tickets will require biometrics, which will now be called "ticket tags". It's going to be attached to about 75% of all tickets.

Empress Room

Indy95 said:
And the Hundred Acre Wood in place of 20k?! We waited ten years for THIS?

It may not be as bad as you think. My understanding from other posters and insiders is that the Hundred Acre Wood is only going to take up a portion of the 20k site - a portion directly across from Pooh's ride. There is still a future e-ticket planned for the rest...or so we are told.

Gregory

Original Poster
Well... I'm sure some of what I wrote was changed from when I talked to him, and posted here.. Kinda like the 'telephone game'...

And, like I said, I really can't confirm any of this- I'm just posting what I heard... I havn't seen pictures or anything...

I was basically posting this to see what everyone else knew about these projects...

imagineersrock

hitogoroshi said:
What's the new ending for Illuminations?????? :veryconfu
They added an extra finale onto the end of illuminations for the holiday season. It is a very nice finale I must say, at around 3 minutes long using a very large amount of fireworks to the song "Let there be peace on earth." It runs through December 30th.

-thats pretty much it :D

*Andy*

Whats actually going too be in this 100 Acre woods? Trees and places too sit? Seems abit boring.....although im glad something has been done...
So this means we are going too get the chance too meet the winnie the pooh characters??? Hmmm yipee....they are like everywhere in all the parks!

Gregory

Original Poster
I just talked to the guy a few minutes ago...

100 Acre Woods He confirmed what Empress Room said... He said that there are trees in it, and the railings are wooden in one area.. He said he couldn't explain it, but the lighting just seemed like something that would be in the Hundred Acre Woods, and he said he had no doubt that it was from Winnie the Pooh.. He also said that this was only for a small area.. The rest had normal lighting, etc, and looked like the rest of fantasyland.. He said this, and I mentioned what Empress Room said, and he said that sounded right...

IASW - The inside is being painted silver, white, and blue...

Flowerbeds - The flowerbeds out front (not the one right in front of the Train Station) have been "considerably shrunken", in order to prepare for the turnstyles..

And, in MGM, there was no Spectacle of Lights on Christmas, as many of the plugs were submerged in water..

space42

Gregory said:
100 Acre Woods He confirmed what Empress Room said... He said that there are trees in it, and the railings are wooden in one area.. He said he couldn't explain it, but the lighting just seemed like something that would be in the Hundred Acre Woods, and he said he had no doubt that it was from Winnie the Pooh.. He also said that this was only for a small area.. The rest had normal lighting, etc, and looked like the rest of fantasyland.. He said this, and I mentioned what Empress Room said, and he said that sounded right...

If you missed the link to pictures of the area I posted earlier in this thread, here it is again.

Notice that Pooh and friends are on the construction wall as well. Looks like 100 acres woods is taking shape to me.

peter11435

space42 said:
If you missed the link to pictures of the area I posted earlier in this thread, here it is again.

The area does appear to be becoming the 100 acres woods, however the characters don't mean much. Disney often uses mickey and friends and pooh characters on many construction walls. This is very common around Downtown Disney and even on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom