Upcoming Trip With Pregnant Wife & 1 Year Old

arich35

So about a month or so ago we booked a trip for May 1st-7th at Pop Century to get with my wife, 13 month old daughter, & brother (21 years old). Well a few weeks ago we found out my wife is pregnant (not expected) but my wife still would like to go to enjoy our time with our daughter while it is just us. My wife will be 5 months pregnant at the time so we are trying to get ideas of rides and other things we can do in the parks with both my daughter and wife together. Also what rides are there that all 4 of us can be in the same vehicle?
We are also looking for any tips for flying with a baby and also going to the parks with a baby. We are already planning on going back to the resort for her afternoon nap and to take a couple hour break every day.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Flying with a toddler..... bring lots and lots of snacks. High value snacks they don't normally get. Bring a couple new toys they will like and have never seen before. Gate check your stroller so you can use it in the airport. Be open to help for people who offer, and be prepared to say "don't put your feet up" eight hundred million times.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Magic Kingdom has lots of ride you all can do. Anything without a height restriction (except maybe safari?) should be okay for your wife.
take things slow, stay hydrated and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Chip318

I went to Disney pregnant and was able to ride mostly everything. The only ride I didn’t take caution on was the safari. It says not to ride but it was no bumpier then a back rode. I did follow all other ride rules found on the Disney website. We still had a great time! Have fun!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Youll be encountering height restrictions so that will limit you. MK... Start off with the trolley taking you up Main Street, JC, PoTC, Liberty Square Riverboat, IASW ( if you dont think the song will cause irreparable psychological harm to the baby), Prince Charming Carrousel ( the wide bench seats), JoLM, TTA.
EP... Nemo & friends, JIM, 3 Caballeros in Mexico.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Most things that the toddler can go on your wife can go on.
Like Small World, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Under the Sea, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Journey into Imagination, Finding Nemo, Frozen Ever After, etc etc.

Upvote 0

belledream

We took our 15 month old last year and had a blast. We took it much slower than if it were just the two of us, and with your wife being pregnant, that sounds like another good reason to do so!

Children under 3 eat free at buffets/all-you-care-to-enjoy so we did a few of those and while pricey, we thoroughly enjoyed that more than sharing entrees because there were lots of options for both baby and adult, and we could also get milk for 'free' as well. Otherwise, I did a lot of restaurant/meal planning before we arrived to make sure baby had something to eat at every meal. Also, quick service was our friend. No ADR time, cheaper, and well, it was quick.

Tie something to your stroller so you can easily spot it in the massive throng of strollers. Sometimes, strollers get moved by CMs as well, so it may be a little off from where you left it.

We did a few half days where we went back to the resort for a good nap, but other times, our baby fell asleep on slow or dark rides like Tomorrowland Transit Authority or Spaceship Earth. We made it from rope drop to fireworks at both MK and Epcot without leaving the park. Maybe you'll get lucky!

But just go with flow and enjoy! Sounds like a special time.

As for flying, yes to the toys and snacks, and hope they fall asleep. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom