Upcoming Disney Animated Blu-rays

Princess Leia

This might sound like an odd question, but does anyone think Disney will release Pocahontas on Blu-Ray without the sequel? Because that’s one I would love to have a Diamond Edition of, but I really don’t want to buy the sequel with it.

neoshinok

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
This might sound like an odd question, but does anyone think Disney will release Pocahontas on Blu-Ray without the sequel? Because that’s one I would love to have a Diamond Edition of, but I really don’t want to buy the sequel with it.

Pocahontas will never get a "Diamond Edition" (now Walt Disney Signature Collection) release. It's not one of their best-sellers, which is what the line really represents.

The UK Blu-ray is region-free and comes without the sequel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocahontas...1515429713&sr=8-1&keywords=pocahontas+blu+ray

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disney will finally release Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros to Blu-ray on the same disc as a Disney Movie Club exclusive later this year.

CCFjcYh.jpg

This leaves Make Mine Music, Melody Time and The Black Cauldron as the only titles in Disney's "official" animated canon yet to be released on the format (A Goofy Movie is not on that list, but also unavailable).

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disney will finally release Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros to Blu-ray on the same disc as a Disney Movie Club exclusive later this year.

CCFjcYh.jpg

This leaves Make Mine Music, Melody Time and The Black Cauldron as the only titles in Disney's "official" animated canon yet to be released on the format (A Goofy Movie is not on that list, but also unavailable).

It is now available to order on the Disney Movie Club site.

PB Watermelon

CCFjcYh.jpg

Ditto Victory Through Air Power and Fantasia 1982.

Razor Roman

With the price of BluRays being what they are, you’re really not “paying” for the sequel most of the time, so any victory you’d have by not buying it would only be a moral one, not owning an Ei$ner Cheapquel

Princess Leia

So I broke down and ended up buying the Pocahontas/Pocahontas II Blu-Ray (the first is in my top 4 with Lion King, Beauty & the Beast, and Hunchback of Notre Dame).

Something I wish was available would be the opportunity to plug 'If I Never Knew You' back into the movie, but I'm pretty happy with the quality of the animation clarity. I'd been watching it on VHS tape for so many years, so I feel pretty giddy watching the clearer versions whenever they come out (Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, and Lion King are the others I have been pretty happy with).

Speaking of the Lion King, it really looks gorgeous. Even better than Pocahontas. The coloring is absolutely perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom