News Upcoming changes to Fantasmic! Dining Packages in late August

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Beginning August 29, 2024, the Fantasmic! Dining Package will only include an entrée and dessert (no choice for appetizer), and an alcoholic beverage will now be offered for guests 21 and over. The adult price for each restaurant has risen by $6, while the child prices remain the same.

Below are the changes as Disney states on the Walt Disney World website.

Currently included:
  • An entrée and appetizer or dessert at select full-service restaurants or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a nonalcoholic beverage
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area
Starting August 29, 2024:
  • An entrée and dessert at select full-service restaurants or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a nonalcoholic beverage (or alcoholic beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area
New adult pricing beginning August 29, 2024:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Adults - 
$60 (previously $54)

Hollywood & Vine
Adults 
- Breakfast

$65 (previously $59)

Adults -
 Lunch & Dinner
 $81 (previously $75)

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Adults - $62 (previously $56)

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant

Adults - $57 (previously $51)

The Hollywood Brown Derby

Adults - $83 (previously $77)

Thumper 32

Guess I won’t be doing this again. I don’t drink alcohol so why would I pay? It is also outrageous to charge the alcohol-included price to 10-20 year olds who can’t drink.

Also, apps usually cost more than desserts. So Disney is just increasing its margins.
Agreed. This is absolutely offensive to people who don’t drink and/or people with kids older than 10.

ToTBellHop

Careful Mickey! Your greed is showing!
It’s not actually that hard to get a seat to Fantasmic! We have this booked for Sci Fi before this change occurs because you can actually get very close to $51 if you get pasta and an app, so it’s worth a few dollars to get the reserved seat to me.

With this update, it won’t be worth it to me, though. Imagine getting a kid a burger and ice cream for $57 plus tip. Ridiculous.

DisneyDreamer08

Guess I won’t be doing this again. I don’t drink alcohol so why would I pay? It is also outrageous to charge the alcohol-included price to 10-20 year olds who can’t drink.

Also, apps usually cost more than desserts. So Disney is just increasing its margins.
This exactly why I don’t purchase the dining plan. I don’t drink and my 13 year old “adult” daughter clearly doesn’t. So no matter how hard I try, without including the price of an alcoholic beverage with each meal, I can never make the plan work in our favor. I wish there were different price options for people who don’t/ can’t drink.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Don't worry! Bob said he's listening to the complaints about pricing and nickel-and-diming. And BY GOD HE WILL TAKE ACTION!!!

Bob's action:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Attendance at WDW is down, per Disney's quarterly reports. The answer is, obviously, to remove things and charge more for what remains.

drizgirl

Don't worry! Bob said he's listening to the complaints about pricing and nickel-and-diming. And BY GOD HE WILL TAKE ACTION!!!

Bob's action:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Attendance at WDW is down, per Disney's quarterly reports. The answer is, obviously, to remove things and charge more for what remains.
That nickel and diming comment was the least believable thing to come out of Iger's mouth. Ever.

Wait. Maybe he didn't say it. Maybe it was a cheap fake.

Mr. Sullivan

Honestly, don't see this as a bad trade off. I myself cannot drink due to a medical issue, but I would imagine this would be attractive to a large portion of the guests who visit the parks who do enjoy a drink, especially with a meal.

castlecake2.0

Most restaurants have non alcoholic specialty options. Looking at the menus you can get pretty close to the amount without ordering alcohol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom