Uoe Eea

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Hi every one, just a quick question,
On tuesday of last I was at Epcot and when attending Ellen's Energy Adventure noticed that on the pre show area the far right hand side projector was broken and not displaying any picture. This was not a major problem because there is not much video displayed just on that screen but it does look weird when Ellen suddenly dissapeared. I was just wondering if anyone has seen the show since last Tuesday and can confirm whether or not it has been fixed yet?

Also, in the last room of the pavillion the scene where the screen stretches, the curtain that covered the screen and opened as Ellen shouted wider has been broken since atleast August of last year still has not been repaired. Does anyone know if this is set to be fixed any time soon, I say this because I think it ruins the effect of the screen growing because you can see it as soon as you enter that stage (it kinda shows up in the dark)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Neither item is considered show critical.

However, the broken projector is easily fixed (probably just a bulb - happens a lot in that building) but those curtains are another story.

A third party company manufactured and does maintenance on those automated curtains. They are touchey and have been ever since they were installed. They have in the past operated for weeks "stuck" in a partially open position while Disney waited for the company that built them to come out and try to fix them.

When they break, Disney sticks them in the open position (which, i can attest, is better than watching the movie with them closed all day).

In short - energy is old, it has issues (plus bulbs don't last foever), and those curtains have been breaking since the day they were installed.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
They are touchey and have been ever since they were installed.
Wow, I never knew that, I must have been very lucky, I must have rode the attraction nearly 100 times and have only seen them broken in the times between August and January.

mousermerf said:
When they break, Disney sticks them in the open position (which, i can attest, is better than watching the movie with them closed all day).
LOL to that:D

#1DizGal

I've got a good one. In June, I took the last ride of the nite, and my very favorite part - the Ellen AA fighting off the snake with a stick - had a big boo boo. Ellen was doubled over as if she'd been stabbed. What a riot! I made sure the CM at the end of the ride was aware of it. She was --

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Overall it sounds like the energy pavilion needs more than a bit of TLC (what with these and recent problems)..

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
Overall it sounds like the energy pavilion needs more than a bit of TLC (what with these and recent problems)..
I really believe that if it was given a little TLC, maybe take it down for a couple of weeks and go through everything that needs repairing or tweaking, that it could carry on for many years as the great attraction it is. What can be updated in the pavillion and keep the show intact, maybe they could have Bill and Ellen record some new scenes and edit that into the current show replacing any footage that is out dated now. I certainly would not like to see the removal of Ellen and Bill though.

Another question, quite seperate now, I know that in the preshow Ellen states that there please be no eating, drinking, smoking or photography, and no video taping. But does any one know if WDW are still very strict on this, I ask this because in the first theatre a cast member would used to repeat this a number of times before the ride begun, now this has been replaced by pre recording saying no external video lighting, but does not say no video taping.

Does this mean that we can actually video UOE now? I could imagine that if they do allow it they just don't see the point in editing the pre show over those couple of words.

I would love to video this attraction.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Anyone who works Energy will tackle you if you try to video-tape with any sort of lighting. Even a LCD screen.

If you have no light - not even the little red indicator light, you can get away with it if you don't hold it up and block other people's view.

<--personally tackled lots of people in the past

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Are you sure the curtain's broken? I was there near the end of last August and they worked just fine.
Yer they have been broken since about August, I was there both in August and December/January and they were broken on all ocasions.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Anyone who works Energy will tackle you if you try to video-tape with any sort of lighting. Even a LCD screen.

If you have no light - not even the little red indicator light, you can get away with it if you don't hold it up and block other people's view.

<--personally tackled lots of people in the past

What do you mean when you say tackle, do you mean they will stop the ride just to stop anyone filming or after the attraction finishes take the video tape off of you?

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
I can tell you that last Saturday, all three screens had video on them. So it must have been fixed in that time period between.

Howdy, we wasn't talking about the video screens in that scene, for that scene we have been talking about the curtains being stuck open.

The screen that we were refering to was the ones in the preshow area. Did you notice if all of those were working?

nibblesandbits

Yep...it was working. (That's the one that sets up the idea of the ride where Ellen tells us all about why she became a energy buff...where she's in the apartment, right?)

lady_vor

I love EEA. Sad to hear it's not functioning properly. Oh well, the movie bit is the boring part. Well... at least I thought so when I was 11! I totally forget what even happens in the movie. Can't wait to watch it again though! LOVE the ride!

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
Yep...it was working. (That's the one that sets up the idea of the ride where Ellen tells us all about why she became a energy buff...where she's in the apartment, right?)
Yer thats right, thanks good to hear its back. "One day I was sitting in my appartment when, {Click}, I I said One day I was sitting in my appartment when {Click}.

Hehe, I love the whole show so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom