Unusual things to do outside the parks

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We just had many nonpark days. Some things we did are below.

Visit Fort Wilderness and do Hoop de Doo. We also did a carriage ride. Can make it a longer day if checking out Tri Circle D ranch. Two nights a week there are also food trucks. If you do Trail's End instead know that opening days are changing.

Disney Springs. We spent about 10 hours, somehow. It helped we had to do holiday shopping. We hit up both lunch and dinner. Splittsville looks fun but we haven't tried yet.

We did two days at Legoland. It's about a one hour drive.

We did a progressive monorail bar tour that was mostly for my wife because I couldn't drink at the time. Got on list for Trader Sam's around 1:30, hung around Poly until called, then Enchanted Rose and, for us. Top of the World Lounge and fireworks. Could maybe do the same with Cali Grill lounge instead.

We did visit pools and community hall at Bay Lake Tower. If near a DVC resort it may have a community hall. They're pretty quiet and I don't think they'd ask where staying.

Visited other resorts by making a dining reservation and exploring. One example was breakfast at Ale and Compass and then exploring Boardwalk area resorts skyliner to Riviera, exploring, and then back to Yacht Club to get the car. Yeah it was technically more than two hours parked.

We planned to do mini golf but didn't get around to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom