unusual Extra Magic Hours question

klineski96

Original Poster
Well... it's unusual to me! :lol:

I'm helping my sister in law and my brother plan a Disney day for the end of this month. They are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for one night, Saturday July 31st.

MGM has EMH on Saturday morning, opening at 8:00am with the regular crowds coming in at 9:00am, and she was hoping to take her kids on the Toy Story ride during EMH because she knows it's going to insane by the time she'd normally get there at 9:00am - 9:15am without EMH.

Since they won't be checked in yet, thus not having room keys yet, what can she do? Anything?

Can she get to the resort at 7:00am, get keys with names/dates (but not activated to get into a specific room) and take those to MGM and get in at 8:00am?

Or are they only going to be eligible for Saturday evening's EMH?

As always, I appreciate all of your responses!
Thank you everyone for the help! :wave:

Pioneer Hall

Well... it's unusual to me! :lol:

I'm helping my sister in law and my brother plan a Disney day for the end of this month. They are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for one night, Saturday July 31st.

MGM has EMH on Saturday morning, opening at 8:00am with the regular crowds coming in at 9:00am, and she was hoping to take her kids on the Toy Story ride during EMH because she knows it's going to insane by the time she'd normally get there at 9:00am - 9:15am without EMH.

Since they won't be checked in yet, thus not having room keys yet, what can she do? Anything?

Can she get to the resort at 7:00am, get keys with names/dates (but not activated to get into a specific room) and take those to MGM and get in at 8:00am?

Or are they only going to be eligible for Saturday evening's EMH?

As always, I appreciate all of your responses!
Thank you everyone for the help! :wave:

A room key will be needed to participate in morning hours. However, like you said she can get to the resort at 7am and check in to get her keys.If she wants to get to the park for EMH, then I definitely suggest going to the resort before and checking in.

klineski96

Original Poster
WOW! :eek:

That's actually great news! To be honest, I did not expect for a second that this would even be an option, glad to hear it is possible!

Really.... thank you for the help! :)

tampabrad

Your resort perks are valid the entire day of check in up to and including your entire day of check out.

That said she can do EMH in the morning as long as she "checks in" to the resort and gets her room keys. She can also use her keys to get into EMH on the night of check out even though she has already "checked out" of the resort at 11 am.

Rob562

They have to wait for the front desk overnight computer processes to finish before they can check anyone in. She may even be able to check in (the official Disney term is "pre-register") before 7am, but Disney will only guarantee that that the process will be done by 7am.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom