Unusual Character Question

mpoppins217

Original Poster
I searched the threads and have found a lot about character heights both fur and face. What I have a question about is a little bit unsual....

I am a rather...bustier woman. :lookaroun I am not larger in any other aspect (i.e. average weight and waist size) but my bust is quite larger than most. What I'm wondering is if there is a bust requirement so to speak for the characters, as odd as that sounds. For instance, would I have a problem in fur and/or face because of being on the larger size (e.g. fitting into the costumes?). I know from personal experience I can't recall ever encountering a face character who was well endowed. haha I know I do have problems in everyday life with clothes sometimes fitting awkwardly (e.g. too tight in the chest when fitting the waist or fitting the waist and then being really awkward in the waist) so I thought it might be a problem characterwise as well. Oh, and I haven't auditioned or anything so this is just natural curiousity! :ROFLOL:

It could be a problem with both fur and face. I've known a few girls who were dissaproved in certain characters because they couldn't disguise their womanly figure under certain costumes or because they just plain couldn't fit into the costume because of it. I actually don't think it would be as much of a problem for face.

Goosebrent

From the point of view of a charater attendant: Yes it can be an issue. Most of the time your are asked to wear TIGHT underarmor but if that does not prove to be effective you will and can be disaprroved. I have seen it happen;however, it usually is not a problem unless you are like Dolly Parton size. If you have any further questions PM me and i will find out i know some casting people.

mpoppins217

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

I was just super curious. It's good to know if I ever get up the courage to audition (I'm crazy klutzy and have a feeling I wouldn't make it out without hurting myself or someone else so I've never bothered).

I had a feeling it would be more difficult in face because most of those costumes (particularly the princesses) look like there's not much give up top.

And while I'm certainly not Dolly Parton size, I'm pretty darn close especially for being all natural.

I know quite a few princesses who are pretty well endowed and you just can't tell when they're in the dress because of the way the dress is made. Those dresses don't really showcase your figure very much. Belle or Ariel or Jasmine are the only ones I would think it would be a problem in. I've even seen some very busty Wendy and Alice's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom