Unused park hopper from 1996

CinderellaStory

Original Poster
my father in law gave my son a completely unused park hopper from 1996 that we had planned to use for our upcoming trip. My husband's wants to hold onto it for sentimental reasons/ value. He thinks it may increase in value but I cannot find anywhere that it even had any value past saving us $300 on a new ticket. I'm wondering if we should hold onto it or use it? I know we can use it but would there be a reason not to?

Attachments

• IMG_2861.JPG
    IMG_2861.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 114

Matt_Black

I'd say use it, but film it being redeemed. I remember a story from earlier in the year where someone redeemed a ticket that was almost as old, and the Cast Members were all, "Oh, wow! This is neat!"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
my father in law gave my son a completely unused park hopper from 1996 that we had planned to use for our upcoming trip. My husband's wants to hold onto it for sentimental reasons/ value. He thinks it may increase in value but I cannot find anywhere that it even had any value past saving us $300 on a new ticket. I'm wondering if we should hold onto it or use it? I know we can use it but would there be a reason not to?

I would demand that they give you access to Discovery Island, River Country and Pleasure Island since the tickets lists these. ;)

The way ticket prices increase I would think it would always be worth more as an admission ticket then as a collectable. I wonder if there is a way they can invalidate the ticket (were these punched each day?) so you could use it but still keep it as a collectable?

Worldlover71

You can, and I think should, use it for admission. It is found money and worth more as a ticket than as memorabilia. It used to be that you could not use a ticket from from 1996 for Animal Kingdom since it opened in 1998 but that is no longer the case. I have a similar (used) one from 1990 that is a great souvenir but if it was unused I would probably be there using it right now!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you're planning to go to the parks for five days on your trip, it's worth redeeming. If you're going more than the five days, it is better kept as a momento.

After the first three days, the cost per day is $25 for the 4th day and $15 for each additional day up to 10. So if you have to buy a second ticket to cover extra days, using that 1996 ticket is only saving you $15/day.

MissM

I may be mistaken, but I thought I had read that you can request they mark it "VOID" after exchanging it and return the voided ticket to you. I believe I read someone turning it in for current admission but still getting to keep the old, physical ticket as well. (I want to say they photocopied it or something for Disney's records and stamped it void and allowed the guest to keep it.) Your mileage may vary though as this was a story I recall reading some years back.

NearTheEars

Well, it says right on there you can't resell it anyway haha.
So I say you're should, use it. I doubt anyone would pay that much for it as a souvenir.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom