Unofficial Guide

JIMINYCR

I LOVE the Unofficial Guide. I always get the new version and reccommend it to anyone who asks me Disney questions. It just covers so much material and is easy to flip through to find specific information. The red/white spines of the books dress up an entire shelf on my bookcase. Its especially invaluable for the newbie thats trying to figure out how and when to book their ADR's, FP+ and Resort.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Cant wait for 2019....I always get a good amount of reminder and new information that helps trip planning and gives me additional things to consider and try.....plus the new attractions are good to read up on and its something the whole family can reference. I love this forum but there is still something about holding a book in the hand to read....:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cant wait for 2019....I always get a good amount of reminder and new information that helps trip planning and gives me additional things to consider and try.....plus the new attractions are good to read up on and its something the whole family can reference. I love this forum but there is still something about holding a book in the hand to read....:angelic:

Agree about holding a book in the hand to read! I've bought the Unofficial Guide (and also Birnbaum's yearly book) for quite a few years. I look forward to both. :)

Fankle

I’ve taken copies with me in the past to reference whilst there (and to re-read on the plane) but it’s soooo heavy. This time I tried the kindle version this year. It’s ok. Much easier to dip into on the move but I miss the paper copy......

JohnD

Original Poster
I was all ready to get my 2019 guide delivered today but just got an email from Amazon that I'll have to wait another week :cry:

I'll probably just drive down to the nearest bookstore and pick it up there (if they have it).

geekza

I was all ready to get my 2019 guide delivered today but just got an email from Amazon that I'll have to wait another week :cry:
Yeah, I'm having to wait on mine, too. Amazon orders according to what they think the demand will be, based upon past edition sales. Depending on when you placed your order, you have to wait until they get their next shipment in. Good news for the authors and publisher, bad news for us. Luckily, I'm not under the gun.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Darn just checked said by August 22.....20 to 22. Guess I can wait another week, cancelling order and driving to store would take time better spent elsewhere! :happy:

cdeev8690

Yeah, I'm having to wait on mine, too. Amazon orders according to what they think the demand will be, based upon past edition sales. Depending on when you placed your order, you have to wait until they get their next shipment in. Good news for the authors and publisher, bad news for us. Luckily, I'm not under the gun.
Yes, very good news for them! It's a great resource. I have the 2016 version but so much has changed since then and I'm helping a family of first-timers plan their trip so I knew I needed the most recent guide. I ordered mine in early June

Darn just checked said by August 22.....20 to 22. Guess I can wait another week, cancelling order and driving to store would take time better spent elsewhere! :happy:

Agreed! No harm in waiting another week

geekza

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning to a notification that my book shipped around midnight last night and was already out for delivery. That's the fastest I've ever gotten something from Amazon, since I'm not in one of the locations that can have things delivered in an hour.

dfisher9

Anyone know when the kindle version of the 2019 is scheduled to come out? I clicked on the kindle version on 2019 and it takes me to the 2018 version. I actually accidentally bought that before I noticed it and had to get a refund.

cdeev8690

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning to a notification that my book shipped around midnight last night and was already out for delivery. That's the fastest I've ever gotten something from Amazon, since I'm not in one of the locations that can have things delivered in an hour.

Same! Mine is coming today! What an emotional roller coaster :)

geekza

Anyone know when the kindle version of the 2019 is scheduled to come out? I clicked on the kindle version on 2019 and it takes me to the 2018 version. I actually accidentally bought that before I noticed it and had to get a refund.
It should have come out the same day. It sounds like someone at Amazon didn't get the link changed over.

EDIT: It looks like they've taken down the link to the 2019 print version as well. When I searched for 2019, it only brought up results for the 2018 edition. Interesting.

ANOTHER EDIT: The only way I could get to the listing for the 2019 paperback was through my order history. It is currently showing a 1-2 month wait! The Kindle button simply takes you to 2018. Sounds like they underestimated demand.

geekza

I know Len Testa has an account here, but I don't know how often he checks in. I'm sure that if he sees this thread, he'll look into what may be causing the backup with Amazon.

cdeev8690

I know Len Testa has an account here, but I don't know how often he checks in. I'm sure that if he sees this thread, he'll look into what may be causing the backup with Amazon.

I checked his twitter and he has replied to a couple of people that have reached out to him with their concerns. He expects that Amazon's estimates are incorrect and the orders should continue to ship earlier than their predictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom