Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Obi

Here's the link to another site she posted on.

http://disney-world.edconsumer.com/un-magical-day-20140306478339.html

Pacha

The URL to that site has a bad word in it, so it's getting edited by the forum software. Where the stars are in the URL, type in a four letter word that's like ticked, only means taking a leak.
Or just Google search the word Katiebug101 and click the second result.
Or try this: http://tinyurl.com/lwrehbs

Either way, I'll sum it up because...why not:
Katiebug101 posted the same review of Disney World on that site that she posted here, then (get this) added that she got a reply from Disney on it.

And here, for your reading pleasure, is the reply she supposedly got from Disney:

"Update added by user Mar 10, 2014
I received a phone call from Joan Martin at Disney Customer Relations.She was very gracious and understanding.

Ms. Martin offered to make us reservations at our favorite restaurant at Hollywood Studios and offered my family tickets to go to the Magic Kingdom again and set up meet and greets personally for Cinderella.

I am happy with Disney's response and glad that they were willing to listen.I sincerely hope that changes are made so that other families don't have to experience the same frustrations."

Who here actually believes Disney gave her free MK tickets and arranged a personal meet and greet with Cinderella? Anyone? I didn't think so.

Also check out replies from others on that site. You think we gave her a hard time? Heh heh heh...

Daniel Johnson

The URL to that site has a bad word in it, so it's getting edited by the forum software. Where the stars are in the URL, type in a four letter word that's like ticked, only means taking a leak.
Or just Google search the word Katiebug101 and click the second result.
Or try this: http://tinyurl.com/lwrehbs

Either way, I'll sum it up because...why not:
Katiebug101 posted the same review of Disney World on that site that she posted here, then (get this) added that she got a reply from Disney on it.

And here, for your reading pleasure, is the reply she supposedly got from Disney:

I received a phone call from Joan Martin at Disney Customer Relations.She was very gracious and understanding.

Ms. Martin offered to make us reservations at our favorite restaurant at Hollywood Studios and offered my family tickets to go to the Magic Kingdom again and set up meet and greets personally for Cinderella.

I am happy with Disney's response and glad that they were willing to listen.I sincerely hope that changes are made so that other families don't have to experience the same frustrations."

Who here actually believes Disney gave her free MK tickets and arranged a personal meet and greet with Cinderella? Anyone? I didn't think so.

Also check out replies from others on that site. You think we gave her a hard time? Heh heh heh...

I believe it, everything on the internet is true.

I wonder why she didn't edit her trip advisory review....?

Weather_Lady

Her follow-up post is just as lacking in credibility as her initial one. Although there is a lady named Joan Martin who is an employee of Disney Guest Services (not Customer Relations), her name has been mentioned in prior threads on this board, with praise for her professionalism and courtesy, as well as elsewhere online. Perhaps that's where Jennifer (a/k/a Katiebug) got the name, since the things she claims to have been offered make no sense whatsoever as a "solution" to the "problems" she described. Tickets to the MK are well enough (although the family would apparently have to pay for their own travel, accommodations and french fries), but making FP+ and ADRs are things for which you don't need the Mouse -- just a few clicks of an ordinary computer mouse will do.

What Katiebug claims to have been given as some huge gesture of apology from Disney would only make Disney money. Think about it: she claims she got tickets to a park where her large family will have to pay to park and eat, and where they will no doubt be purchasing photos and merchandise to memorialize their "personal," so-special-that-thousands-of-people-do-it-every-day M&G with Cinderella. But that's not all! They also were "gifted" with one of those anyone-can-make-one ADRs in another park, to which they'll be required to buy expensive single-day tickets to gain entry, in addition to the cost of their meal! For this reason, I don't believe Katiebug's story for a second, but if I did, then I'd tip my hat to Joan Martin, because what she [allegedly] did here was a stroke of genius! Disney gets a few hundred more Katiebug dollars in its pocket, and Katiebug is publicly shamed by demonstrating her continued ignorance, crying victory over "gifts from Disney" that she still doesn't seem to realize she could have accessed herself, all along -- it's a win-win for Disney and the skeptical online spectators alike!

I think Katiebug's hasty retreat is a reflection of her recognition that she knows that she's been thoroughly called out on her nonsense. (Indeed, she did have a vocal supporter on the DISBoards -- until the members unmasked that individual as Katiebug's own husband, pretending to be a random, uninterested party!) ;) Now that she has moved into obscurity, I suggest we leave her there.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

It's also something of a memorial to some of the most effective Disney trolling ever.

Can we call her a troll, though, if she never returns to argue with anyone, and if those left in her wake aren't so much arguing amongst themselves as fist-bumping over our shared feelings about her post?

I think this thread has brought us together in ways few other things could do, as we cross over our party lines, throw down our souvenir refillable mugs and flashbulbs and pool-hopping manifestos, and join hands to declare with one voice, "you, Katiebug, are no travel agent!" ;)

Last edited:

Daniel Johnson

Can we call her a troll, though, if she never returns to argue with anyone, and if those left in her wake aren't so much arguing amongst themselves as fist-bumping over our shared feelings about her post?

I think this thread has brought us together in ways few other things could do, as we cross over our party lines, throw down our souvenir refillable mugs and flashbulbs and pool-hopping manifestos, and join hands to declare in one voice, "you, Katiebug, are no travel agent!" I'm surprised no one has come up with motivational posters about it, perhaps depicting us as all as a row of benignly disapproving multicultural dolls from it's a small world, coming together from all corners of the earth to face off against Disney-related ignorance and injustice wherever they may be found... ;)
Wait....your a politician?!

wdwjmp239

Families with four children are rarely on time????? REALLY?? We have 6 and we are either early or on time to almost anything..

I have a family of four and we amaze ourselves at how we can get up at 8:15am and be somewhere by 8:45am for a 9am breakfast reservation. There's something about food that motivates young children!

Cesar R M

Three reviews on tripadvisor and all one star, bad ratings...even I don't have that kinda bad luck...or that high expectations.
probably she runs on free stuff based on her complains.
I wonder how long until companies start declaring her "undesirable".

I think this thread has brought us together in ways few other things could do, as we cross over our party lines, throw down our souvenir refillable mugs and flashbulbs and pool-hopping manifestos, and join hands to declare in one voice, "you, Katiebug, are no travel agent!" I'm surprised no one has come up with motivational posters about it, perhaps depicting us as all as a row of benignly disapproving multicultural dolls from it's a small world, coming together from all corners of the earth to face off against Disney-related ignorance and injustice wherever they may be found... ;)

I'm pretty sure the majority are just enjoying the show.
a real troll would have caused a fight that devolved into personal attacks and insults.

sort of this image:
everyonewrong.jpg

Weather_Lady

Families with four children are rarely on time????? REALLY?? We have 6 and we are either early or on time to almost anything..

I have a family of four and we amaze ourselves at how we can get up at 8:15am and be somewhere by 8:45am for a 9am breakfast reservation. There's something about food that motivates young children!

I agree with you -- family size has little to do with punctuality! In fact, my friends with the largest families tend to be the most organized and schedule-oriented, because they have to be. Narcissists, on the other hand, are known for their habitual tardiness...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom