Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

BigTxEars

I'll go one better, make two-year enlistment in one branch of the military mandatory.

Oh yeah baby, that would light her rear end up right quick it would. These boys do not play that "whine" game. :)

d605l.jpg

25rfddd.jpg

op8ar4.jpg

157yo1g.jpg

sz8sqw.jpg

9i9u9t.jpg

Ahh the old days, I really can't recall anybody complain about anything to any D.I. in boot camp. :)

Yep slap a pair of mouse ears on those boys and they would still scare the tar out of anyone....

FettFan

Since when has registering with selective services only been required in war time? Or am I miss reading your post?

"If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service. It’s the law. According to law, a man must register with Selective Service within 30 days of his 18th birthday. Selective Service will accept late registrations but not after a man has reached age 26. You may be denied benefits or a job if you have not registered."

"Men" who choose not to do this should join the OP in the "we don't need you around her" bus away from here. :)

Clarification: Selective Service is the draft. Every male over 18 has to register, but unless we have World War III where additional manpower is needed, Selective Service doesn't do jack crap.

FettFan

I believe this to be true because she used the name Joan martin. I got a call from Joan a couple of years ago after I sent meg Crofton an email praising the extraordinary service I received from 3 cm's. Because of my nice email I sent, Joan was authorized to give me, and my family, VIP seating at fantasmic.

Ah, but at the same time this lady could have simply read reports from you and other guests like you, whom Joan Martin has contacted before.

EOD K9

Oh yeah baby, that would light her rear end up right quick it would. These boys do not play that "whine" game. :)

d605l.jpg

25rfddd.jpg

op8ar4.jpg

157yo1g.jpg

sz8sqw.jpg

9i9u9t.jpg

Ahh the old days, I really can't recall anybody complain about anything to any D.I. in boot camp. :)

Yep slap a pair of mouse ears on those boys and they would still scare the tar out of anyone....
And those are the D.Is on good days. I'm a little upset I did not see a knife hand in any of those pictures.

Goofyernmost

And those are the D.Is on good days. I'm a little upset I did not see a knife hand in any of those pictures.
Ah, good times!!! Yet, I really believe that I am a much happier, less stressed person today because of that experience. Don't get me wrong, I hated it when it was happening, but, the results, in my mind, were worth it.

BigTxEars

Yep love me some D.I.s :)

Those lovable SOBs, still remember all of their names.....from 1987....man that is a magical experience indeed.. :)

Cesar R M

d605l.jpg

25rfddd.jpg

op8ar4.jpg

157yo1g.jpg

sz8sqw.jpg

9i9u9t.jpg

Nowadays they would cry foul and sue the military for "bad treatment" right?
reminds me, peopleo on many sites are being over-sensitive of everything.. calling how offended they are of anything nowadays.

duracell lasts longer :p

Matt_Black

reminds me, peopleo on many sites are being over-sensitive of everything.. calling how offended they are of anything nowadays.

Good luck with that. The military isn't even willing to punish soldiers who do... certain crimes against fellow soldiers which, this being a family board, I won't go into the exact nature of.

Matt_Black

Amazing? More like unmagical! To get from the first page to here requires SO much reading! First you have to go into the General Discussion forum, then this thread, and then click through each page! And then, apparently you can't meet @Jimmy Thick here! He's being held hostage in another thread! My little prince and princess (the action figures I keep on my desk) are SO disappointed. UNMAGICAL!

BigTxEars

duracell lasts longer :p

My dad went thru MCRD (Marine Corp Recruit Depot) in the mid 1950s, a fist to the face from a D.I. in the open was not uncommon. I went to MCRD in the late 1980s, all hitting was done behind closed doors. I imagine that is much the same today. I sure hope it is anyways, it's part of the process that saves lives down the line. I am fine with hiding it from the sensative American public but it should not go away.

The entire over sensativeness of many today In American weakens the country / society in so many ways.

The OP was a prime example of that, and I have no doubt she is teaching little prince and princess the same crazy mindset....

EOD K9

Sometimes, a sucker punch to the gut of a recruit will teach a far more valuable lesson than putting the infraction on paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom