News Unlikely Source Confirms TSL Opening Date!

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
Hello everybody! Ima get right to the point to get this exciting news out!
While booking our hotel for my birthday on May 28th, we asked about fastpasses for TSL. The woman said that since we have the hotel booked, we may get fastpasses on March 29th! So, we can now confirm it will be opening around May 28th, probably May 25th. Get ready for Toy Story!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hello everybody! Ima get right to the point to get this exciting news out!
While booking our hotel for my birthday on May 28th, we asked about fastpasses for TSL. The woman said that since we have the hotel booked, we may get fastpasses on March 29th! So, we can now confirm it will be opening around May 28th, probably May 25th. Get ready for Toy Story!

That date sounds reasonable, but phone reps have been known to give out bad information.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
That date sounds reasonable, but phone reps have been known to give out bad information.
Why have they been known to give out bad information?
(Also, we specifically asked about Slinky Dog since that's the main highlight, she said March 29th is when we can get fastpasses for it.)
Also, also, this will be my first time staying at Pop Century! :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
(Also, we specifically asked about Slinky Dog since that's the main highlight, she said March 29th is when we can get fastpasses for it.)

They are more reliable than bus drivers when it comes to providing accurate information, but only slightly more reliable. ;)

It's entirely possible that they have been provided the opening date information, but I would be surprised if they are giving it out this early.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I can't recall specifics, but there have definitely been posts here where a phone rep said something that was clearly wrong. March 29th is your 60 day mark, so she may have just been saying that assuming the ride would be open.

peter11435

Phone reps are not told about opening dates prior to announcing to the public. Save for occasionally day of or day before to prepare them for an influx of calls.

Your 60 day window opens March 29th. So that’s the day you’ll be able to book fastpasses for your vacation. If TSL is open it will be an option, otherwise it will not.

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
After reading what you've all told me, I have recalled to ask about this, and the woman said she was allowed to share this to us because from what she's heard, the official announcement for opening day of Toy Story Land could be in a couple of weeks or even in a couple of days! So let's pray she knows what she's talking about, that we will get our official announcement in a week or two, and that I'll have a most excellent birthday at Pop Century in May!...
(How do you create that countdown at the bottom of your comments saying when your vacation to Disney will be?)

disnyfan89

After reading what you've all told me, I have recalled to ask about this, and the woman said she was allowed to share this to us because from what she's heard, the official announcement for opening day of Toy Story Land could be in a couple of weeks or even in a couple of days! So let's pray she knows what she's talking about, that we will get our official announcement in a week or two, and that I'll have a most excellent birthday at Pop Century in May!...
(How do you create that countdown at the bottom of your comments saying when your vacation to Disney will be?)

Did you talk to the same woman; and if so, how did you get in contact with her? Disney has call center representatives all over the world include a large amount of individuals who work from home via a third party. Statistically seems improbable you got the same woman twice.

BCohen89

Did you talk to the same woman; and if so, how did you get in contact with her? Disney has call center representatives all over the world include a large amount of individuals who work from home via a third party. Statistically seems improbable you got the same woman twice.
Not if you have the extension number, ive worked the same lady my whole trip

Just4Pics

Ee400eW.jpg

And that's why you don't trust phone reps...

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...feb2018-toy-story-land-opens-june-30-2018.htm

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom