Unknown Attraction Songs

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
In an earlier post, I asked about a song I found in a Disney World song book that I had never heard at an attraction before. Well, there are a bunch of songs in here like that that have apparently been removed when the attractions changed, but I don't ever remeber hearing. Here is a few:

Space Mountatin: "We've come so Far"

Universe of Energy: "Universe of Energy", "Energy, you make the World go Round"

Spaceship Earth: "Tomorrow's Child"

The Land: "Listen to the Land"

Does anyone know anything about these songs? I'm guessing the Universe of Energy songs were part of the first version of the attraction. However, I don't ever remember hearing any songs in Space Mountain or Spaceship Earth.

FatBoy976

All three of these were originals to those attractions. Energy, you make the world go round was played at the end of the preshow that is in the large standing area. Tomorrow's child played during the decent from spaceship earth. listen to the land played throughout the ride before hitting the greenhouses. If i were still on a fast school network, I'd send you the songs, but as is it would take forever.

Tigggrl

I have those songs on a WDW cd from years ago....I miss listen to the land and tomorrows child!
I just found a souvenir book from the parks when Epcot just opened...If I can, Ill scan some pics for you all:)

MGMBoy

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Here is a few:

Space Mountatin: "We've come so Far"

You've hit on a favorite topic of mine JLW. FatBoy is right about about all the ones he mentions. "Universe of Energy" was played at the VERY end of the old Energy attraction (may it rest in peace). It was accompanied by a laser-like show that was (IMHO) really cool. It was in the room that you start/end in (When Ellen finally beats Jamie-Lee down). As for "We've Come So Far" It was the song that used to play as you left Space Mountain (Back when it was sponsored by...RCA I think? (Someone please correct me if that's wrong.) It was also when those scenes youpass were just quiet views of "RYCA-1". The area where the speedramp dips down has multiple holes in the ceiling. There used to be monitors there with space-related scenes and they were playing "We've Come So Far". I'm 99% sure there was also an instrumental version that played right as you entered the queue (the room with all the balls below you). Hope that helps. Feel free to bring up any more questions like that. :D TTFN.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I loved Tomorrow's Child. I was really upset when I went back and saw they had changed it all those years ago. Although I like the song now and I like the fiber optic effects and stuff they have now, I'll never forget hearing "Tomorrow's Child" being sung and seeing those cool laser-like outlines of kids running around and playing. My dad used to call me "tomorrow's child" and told me that song was about me when I was like 5 years old.

"Good times, good times..." -Delicious Dish

stingrock23

i remember hearing tomorrow's child. I was shocked the first time i didn't hear that at teh end of spaceship earth. I do agree the new fiber-optics are very cool, and so is the music, but i'll miss tomorrow's child. i have it on a tape somewhere.

MGMBoy

For all you music fans out there...I have an OLD (relatively speaking) LP park soundtrack at home. (I think it's 1986 or 87) with some stuff on it. I'll post a song list and see oif any of you would like samples. :D

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
Hey, thanks for all that info. I don't remember too much about Disney World before I started going a lot again around 1996. I could probably find those songs somewhere...

Dizneydude87

Now that were all on the subgect of extinct Disney music, does anybody know where I could get the audio from Dream Flight? (I miss that ride, stupid Buzz!!) *Tear*... That was sutch an awsome song.
:cry:

The only lyrics I remember to it were:

"Once you've taken a Dream Flight,
the fantasy flight of your life.
Once you've taken a Dream Flight,
The earth's an inspiaring site.
Theres adventure, there is romance,
a passport to dreams old and new..."

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Dizneydude87
Now that were all on the subgect of extinct Disney music, does anybody know where I could get the audio from Dream Flight? (I miss that ride, stupid Buzz!!) *Tear*... That was sutch an awsome song.
:cry:

The only lyrics I remember to it were:

"Once you've taken a Dream Flight,
the fantasy flight of your life.
Once you've taken a Dream Flight,
The earth's an inspiaring site.
Theres adventure, there is romance,
a passport to dreams old and new..."

Oh my God! That ride was my FAVORITE! I have that song downloaded somewhere, but unfortunately its only 31 seconds long. If ya want it, just PM me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom