Universl Rookie-needs help

Disney5Mom

Original Poster
:confused:I am planning a trip for next march to universal for a party of nine ages 11-55. thinking of staying on site for 6 days. is this too long? any tips or suggestions welcome

TTATraveler

Disney5Mom said:
:confused:I am planning a trip for next march to universal for a party of nine ages 11-55. thinking of staying on site for 6 days. is this too long? any tips or suggestions welcome

That does seem a bit long to spend at Universal. You may want to visit other places like WDW and Sea World. You should be able to finish Universal and IOA in 2 days, especially if it isn't crowded.

inDisney

OK.....if you plan on staying on-site, you can't go wrong with any of Universal's hotels: The Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Portofino Bay. I have stayed in all 3, and they are excellent. They are a bit pricey, but worth it. Everyone in your party gets a personalized room key. The keys serve as an express pass, to by pass the lines. You can use them on any ride, at any time. You don't have to go and run off to get paper passes. The room keys would do just fine. Just show it to the cast member excepting the express passes. Now, because you will have that option, you will be done with the parks much faster. You could probably do both parks in one day, if it's not crowded. If you are going to go for 6 days, I suggest to go to other parks, not just Universal. You are going to get tired of them, especially if you have express passes, which make your time in the parks go much quicker. The hotels are beautiful. If I would have to choose one hotel, it would be Portofino. It's beautiful. Next, would come Hard Rock; awesome pool. Have fun.:hammer:

By the way, with nine people going, you will need 2 rooms. 4 people in each room; you can ask the front desk for a pull-out bed, for the 9th person. It would be better this way; you wouldn't need to get a 3rd room.

We'll be staying at Portofino Bay on September for the first time. I've been doing some reading on the internet and some of the comments are about how dirty the rooms sometimes are. Did you experience that during your stay. Do you think the room and ammenities in this hotel are worth the $260. per night that I will be paying.

TTATraveler

I stayed at the Royal Pacific and the room and hotel were far from dirty. Loews Hotels runs the three Universal hotels and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I thought the Royal Pacific was nicer then most of Disney's hotels. The hotels are a bit pricey though, but certainly worth staying at.

Disney5Mom

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I think we will try 3 nights at Royal Pacific and 3 nights at Coronado Springs.We do love Disney:lol:.

bayoutinkbelle

I couldn't imagine myself doing six days at Universal. I usually do two, three days tops. Don't get me wrong; I do enjoy myself there (the Mummy is one of my faves). We usually do Universal early and then come back before we leave.

40 days till my trip!! :sohappy:

crazydaveh

Disney5Mom said:
Thanks for the replies. I think we will try 3 nights at Royal Pacific and 3 nights at Coronado Springs.We do love Disney:lol:.

Good call! Uni is great, but doesn't require the time that Disney does. Uni hotels are nicer than most Disney resorts, but they're also not as old!

Enjoy both areas! The pool at the Royal Pacific is awesome!

nerdboyrockstar

For a Universal rookie, I'd say give Universal 3-4 days. You'll definitely want to give each park 1 day (or 2 half days) and a day to go back and do your favorites, but also giving yourself enough time to relax and taking breaks at the hotel, shop, eat... maybe even take a little tour of the other hotels. Have fun!

inDisney

205730 said:
We'll be staying at Portofino Bay on September for the first time. I've been doing some reading on the internet and some of the comments are about how dirty the rooms sometimes are. Did you experience that during your stay. Do you think the room and ammenities in this hotel are worth the $260. per night that I will be paying.

I think it's worth the $260.00/night. The rooms have always been clean. I don't remember the ammenities, but check them out at the hotel's internet site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom