Universe of Energy Question

yourbigbrother

Original Poster
Do you feel that Universe of Energy is old and needs to somehow be fixed. I feel that the ride is quite boring. I wouldnt be suprised to see UoE to be the next ride to be refurbished or removed from a Disney park. What are your opinions of this ride and what do you see in the future for Universe of Energy?

fjm777

I am not crazy about this attraction. It is just too long. The best part is the ride through the dinos and that doesn't last very long. And I absolutely hate the part where you wait in a very dark room listening to the fake radio while they tell jokes. That just seems to go on and on and on.

yourbigbrother

Original Poster
agreed with u.. the only interesting part is the dinos but that moves too quick. The ride takes forever to end and i feel like i could spend 45 minutes of my time at another place in the park

Expo_Seeker40

The original version of the Universe of Energy was from EPCOT Center's opening year 1982-1995 I believe. It was VERY scientific, quite dry if you ask me, narrated by a male voice...HOWEVER while the show was very educational and even a little boring or me, it had two theme songs, and other key and interesting show elements now lost in the current version.

When Walt Disney World celebrated its 25th anniversary in 1996, Epcot of course since 1994 [1993 being the last year the park was last heavily advertised as EPCOT Center], anyways with new advances in computers,etc...Future World had to update.

When I visited Epcot in 1996, I saw the current version of the UoE. Of course at that time it was only a few months old, and was very fresh, and of course informational and entertaining.

When I saw it again 2004 I was both :cry: and :brick: . The current UoE has become outdated in my opinion. I respect and enjoy the concept of the ride, but I would support a new and technologically fresh version of the show...also brining back or improving some of the lost show elements, but mainging the educational and entertainment factor with new hosts.

Dayma

Although I would like to see a slight overhaul (if thats possible), I really do not mind Ellen. I think she really works well in this attraction. The first time I saw it I was impressed but after the 20th time I was not finding the jokes as funny....but isn't that true for movies you watch over and over and over and over.....?

yourbigbrother

Original Poster
agreed... ive seen this thing many times.. ive practically memorized the thing... i think i find it so boring because ive seen it so many times.. thats usaully what happens when u see things plenty of times over.

Connor002

I actually like it. Elen and Bill Nye are great. Ellen is funny and Bill takes me back to my younger days...

"Stupid Judy."

Everybody needs chill out (the ride is cool)besides my little girl and teenage son love the dinosaurs.Perfect for a hot or rainy afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom