Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

OG Runner

Who said I wasn't going to ride it? Plenty of rides aren't as good as Hagrid's and I ride them. This statement is silly. You make it seem like nobody has experienced Tron Lightcycle Run. Plenty of videos out there....not to mention plenty of first-hand experience reviews.

I'm one that holds out all hope until an attraction is done before making a decision but this is different because it's a clone. I basically know what to expect and know to harnass my excitement.

I've never been on Radiator Springs Racers and can say just by watching videos that it's better than Test Track. Sure, you can't grasp the entire feeling of it but aside from the launch, Tron seems pretty tame as a rollercoaster and the theming seems to be all over the place when you go outside. The look of the canopy and ride vehicles are incredible though.
Read slowly and then respond. I did not say you were not going to ride it. I was saying you were judging it without having ridden it.
A video is not riding a ride. You just seemed to be making a pretty broad statement without actually experiencing the ride.

My95cobras

Read slowly and then respond. I did not say you were not going to ride it. I was saying you were judging it without having ridden it.
A video is not riding a ride. You just seemed to be making a pretty broad statement without actually experiencing the ride.
Rode the one in Shanghai…. Hagrids is way better. You’re wrong again.

JT3000

My95cobras

Area15 is opening a second location here in Orlando. The question is, would Universal be willing to place such an attraction in one of their home markets, or would they see it as creating competition for their own seasonal event? Not gonna lie, I'm going to be peeved if Vegas gets a permanent haunt and we don't.

i empathize with you, but how many times a year would you go to a permanent haunt off property? It won’t change or rotate with the season.

WDWFREAK53

Of course, so make sure not to ride it. You have no idea, not having ridden it. Why make such a broad statement?

I read it fine. You said to make sure that I don't ride it because of my statement.

It's not a broad statement...in this instance, it's a clone. Aside from getting the little tickle in my tummy, I've experienced most of what this ride has to offer.
This isn't some vast environment with a ton of visual elements, animatronics, and "if you don't look now, you'll miss it" moments.

I normally avoid watching attraction videos prior to experiencing it but when I watched the Tron video, I had no idea it would come to the states.
(I still haven't watched a ride video of Runaway Railway or Guardians).

EDIT: That being said, I'm not DOWN on this attraction. I'm glad that we're getting another coaster. A statement regarding the coaster at Epic Universe outshining it was mentioned and since they are both "motorcycle-style" coasters, there will be an obvious comparison. Tron was made for a quick thrill and to really be a visual centerpiece in Shanghai's Tomorrowland. What I'm looking forward to the most about Tron at the Magic Kingdom is the visual kinetics with the lightcycles flying by and the canopy lighting package at night.

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

i empathize with you, but how many times a year would you go to a permanent haunt off property? It won’t change or rotate with the season.
There was always a line for Terror On Church Street year round. It closed because the owners sold off the building and there really wasn't a large enough space (They tried moving it but the house was 1/4 the size of the original and failed).

My95cobras

There was always a line for Terror On Church Street year round. It closed because the owners sold off the building and there really wasn't a large enough space (They tried moving it but the house was 1/4 the size of the original and failed).
I have no recollection of this…. When was this?

JT3000

The '90s. It closed at its original location in '99.

As someone who usually goes to HHN every week of operation (that's around 10 times a year) I'm pretty used to covering familiar ground in a haunted house. That said, there's nothing stopping them from giving a more permanent haunted attraction the occasional facelift. Would I go all the time? No, but having something to scratch the itch whenever necessary would be nice. It's been years since Orlando had a high-profile attraction of this sort, and we already know it could support one, especially if it's not the only activity at this venue.

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

ToCS was pretty darn full of jump scares. It was also 2 stories. When you reached the midway point (upstairs, in an attic) an attendent would come out to advise you this was the last chicken exit and if you decide to continue you would have to complete the maze. And the added "Oh, and it gets much worse from here". Every time I went someone bailed :D

Ragerunner

I have heard that a Universal year around haunt facility at Area-15 is a high probability. It also give Universal a large attraction in the Lake Buena Vista/Disney zone.

JT3000

Just my opinion, but it doesn't make any sense for Universal to open something like that in Orlando. HHN is super lucrative for them, and this would probably draw them away.
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Seriously though, would that actually be a bad thing if true? HHN is too popular for its own good, and anyone being drawn away would still be giving their money to Universal, as opposed to if they waited for someone else to do it, because there WILL be another year-round haunted attraction in Orlando, it's just a matter of when.

I think this would be a complimentary piece to HHN, not direct competition (sort of) like Howl-o-Scream, because it would give people a taste of the event without requiring them to come here in the fall. There are probably a lot of people who would like to experience HHN but schedule their only visit in the summer or winter. At the very least, this would give them a better idea if it's something they really want to shell out for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom