Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
Is there any construction going on ?

Yes, there's a bunch of new materials staged all over the lot, particularly on the back side near Sand Lake that weren't there last week. I'm out of town a lot, so I don't see it often, but if someone wants to become the "new bio" with the Epic Universe project, obsessing daily over every thing that's going on there, there's an opening for it in the internets.

DonniePeverley

Yes, there's a bunch of new materials staged all over the lot, particularly on the back side near Sand Lake that weren't there last week. I'm out of town a lot, so I don't see it often, but if someone wants to become the "new bio" with the Epic Universe project, obsessing daily over every thing that's going on there, there's an opening for it in the internets.

So there are spades in the ground?

lazyboy97o

The ride according to Alicia sounds just amazing. Plus there's talk since EU is being pushed back Universal may have the Creature from the black lagoon ride open with the park instead of later.
Universal Creative was decimated. It makes no sense that most of the Epic Universe Opening Day design team was laid off but expansions were not and continued design development such that they would be ready for permitting in the near future.

DonniePeverley

I've been looking at plans now for a long time, and as much fun that is - the big question is now is when we can expect to see workmen at the site starting construction. Because the latest pics just show barren land again with no one around.

Last edited:

maxairmike

I've been looking at plans now for a long time, and as much fun that is - the big question is now is when we can expect to see workmen at the site starting construction. Because the latest pics just show barren land again with no one around.

Look Jordan, we've been over this with you 100x before the pandemic. As fun as it is to have Roast Troll every now and then, it also gets repetitive.

DonniePeverley

Are you referring to me? I am just asking if anyone has a time frame when they commence construction. No conspiracy. I would love this project to go ahead, it would be amazing. However, until i see men doing some sort of construction i won't have any faith in the project coming anytime soon (if ever). Arial photos of fields are nice, but we've been looking at them for an awfully long time now.

lazyboy97o

If I am remembering correctly, the 2023 date was only confirms when the construction was paused. Because the project is permitted there is a time limit on how long those permits are good before before expire and all of the permitted work has to be redone to comply with current codes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom