Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

The Grand Inquisitor

1622147462112.png

Sharon&Susan

The photos of Universal Beijing look amazing- especially the Minion’s land and Kung fu panda.
I feel like Cartoon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure could be remade to Minions.
or is the Minion land part of Epic Universe?
I doubt that they'd consider it since they already have Minion Mayhem in the main park. I could see them maybe turning Shrek into Sing Live, but that's still very unlikely.

Poseidon Quest

Also what illumination property will be in the park?

That threw me off. I mean, the only two options are Minions and Secret Life of Pets, but the concept art doesn't show anything like that. From what I've seen of permits, they don't seem to reveal any Illuminations based land. It makes me wonder if they're going to clone The Secret Life of Pets ride from Hollywood. I mean, it looks great so I wouldn't complain, but it would be a much better fit for USF and that park desperately needs better attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That threw me off. I mean, the only two options are Minions and Secret Life of Pets, but the concept art doesn't show anything like that. From what I've seen of permits, they don't seem to reveal any Illuminations based land. It makes me wonder if they're going to clone The Secret Life of Pets ride from Hollywood. I mean, it looks great so I wouldn't complain, but it would be a much better fit for USF and that park desperately needs better attractions.
Indeed, according to the permits and concept art there are 5 lands, if you count the hub.

1. Super Nintendo World
2. Universal Monsters
3. Wizarding World
4. HTTYD
5. The Hub, which has...
  • a circular covered ride/attraction (some sort of spinner?)
  • dueling coasters
  • show fountain
  • hotel
Now, as noted, none of these is Illuminations. If @Disneyhead'71 be right (and likely is), then of the two IPs from Illumination (tSLoP or Minions), it's Minions.

But where would Minions go? In the circular attraction in the hub? In the expansion pad between HTTYD and WWoHP? Is one of the slated lands being booted (or going to IoA or UO instead of EU)?

Maybe it'll be a Minions hotel!!

tcool123

Now, as noted, none of these is Illuminations. If @Disneyhead'71 be right (and likely is), then of the two IPs from Illumination (tSLoP or Minions), it's Minions.
Couldn't it be Sing as well? The sequel is coming out later this year, and a show exists in Japan that seems to be pretty well received.

Couldn't the argument be made that Mario is the Illumination IP given the Mario movie in development from Illumination?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom