Universal- Week of December 29th

bauton

Original Poster
Hello,
i'm going to both Universal Parks this week. I realize that they both will be a 10 out of 10 on the attendance chart every day this week.
Trying to decide if I should spend the extra money to upgrade to the Express Pass.

I have a family of 5, with the youngest being 17, so the kiddie areas don't matter to us. We mainly just want to experience the Harry Potter areas, and the major attractions, minus the two water rides in the islands (Dudley and Popeye), and any of the flats. Not interested in any of the shows, or sit down style dining. We will be there early before park opening and plan to stay until closing. At this time, not planning on getting a park hopper, so the Hogwarts's Express is out of the conversation. Also not really interested in any parades or night time shows unless time allows.

So what is your opinion? Not sure if I want to spend the extra money if the consensus is I could see everything.
Thanks for any feedback!

Tom Morrow

Universal doesn't get quite as insane as Disney for New Years week, but the crowds will still be the heaviest of the whole year. Depending on how many days you will be there, you may not need it if you're okay with taking your time, but if you can spare the extra cash, you will probably want at least the cheapest tier Express Pass.

monykalyn

yes you will want express pass.
And you are cutting the parks short not having hopper and dismissing the parades, shows etc.
Was there that week 2018-without express you will get ~5-6 rides in per day, and quick service is packed, and the ability to not hop to other park will limit you as well. Lines for Spiderman and Kong for example-reached over 2 hours without EP, Gringots/Forbidden Journey was nearly 2.5- 3 hours on average (heck EP waits were 30-60 minutes)
Consider booking an onsite deluxe hotel for a night or 2 to get the included EP-probably cheaper than buying individually (each night will get 2 days of EP)

bauton

Original Poster
Thanks for all your input! I did check and it looks like we will stay at a deluxe hotel for one night. They told me check-in time starts at 7 a.m. with a bag check. So our plans now will be to check-in early, bag check, get early entry into the park, get the unlimited express pass, spend the night and then repeat on the next day. This ends up being $800 cheaper than buying the 2 day park ticket with the limited express pass!!

JoeCamel

Thanks for all your input! I did check and it looks like we will stay at a deluxe hotel for one night. They told me check-in time starts at 7 a.m. with a bag check. So our plans now will be to check-in early, bag check, get early entry into the park, get the unlimited express pass, spend the night and then repeat on the next day. This ends up being $800 cheaper than buying the 2 day park ticket with the limited express pass!!
Plus you get to stay in a really nice hotel for the night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom