Universal transport

Ademello192

Posted this before but our trip is 46 days away and haven't decided how we will be getting 5 of us to Universal from CBR. What are some of your experiences?

baggienath7

Obviously there is the option of taxi which I dont know exactly but I would estimate at $50 each way. OR, free Disney Transportation to DTD, Lynx bus 50 to Seaworld ($2 adults), I.Ride Trolly ($1.50 adults, children under 12 FREE) up to Red stop 7 and then walk about 10 - 15 minutes to park entrance. It does sound like a lot of effort but CBR is close to DTD & Lynx bus takes approx 15 minutes to Seaworld from there.
Last year we got a taxi back from Universal to Palm Parkway which cost $20 for the two of us. We did haggle with the taxi driver outside of Universal taxi rank from $25, then got the Lynx 50 to DTD.

Upvote 0

baggienath7

I honestly think they see youre staying at Disney and automatically put $10 ontop of the price. Also, it was a estimate from prices I got quoted last year and they usually charge more for more people, therefore 5 people would probably be $50.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

I know in the past you could arrange with Mears to have a pick up at your resort, but I think it was pricey. Pretty sure it was about $100 or so when I got my quote. We ended up not doing ME upon arrival, rented a car, and went to UNI that day. The next morning we dropped off the car by MK and were on our way. If you go that route though, let me tell you do not have any breakfast dining reservations! We thought it would be a quick drop off and shuttle, but it actually took about 45 mins., and we missed our Crystal Palace ressies.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Posted this before but our trip is 46 days away and haven't decided how we will be getting 5 of us to Universal from CBR. What are some of your experiences?

My parents did this last year with my Brother and his family..there were 6 of them and they told em to send a cab that could accomodate them all. Ithink It was $40 each way plus tip.

The cabbie gave my brother his Cell Phone # and told Him to call for a ride back. It worked out well.

Upvote 0

Ademello192

Original Poster
My parents did this last year with my Brother and his family..there were 6 of them and they told em to send a cab that could accomodate them all. Ithink It was $40 each way plus tip.

The cabbie gave my brother his Cell Phone # and told Him to call for a ride back. It worked out well.

This seems the best way for us to travel. we don't like to have time limitations on us.

Upvote 0

baggienath7

Yeah mears shuttle is 20 $ pp return so I think taxi would be better than that.
Hiring a car for the day sounds good but then you have to get to the car rental place and think about parking at Uni

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You can do taxi, public transit, Uni shuttle service through Mears, or car rental. The Lynx is probably the cheapest, but takes the longest time. Uni shuttle service can sometimes be packaged with your Uni ticket purchase. Taxi has already been pointed out. With a party of 5 a car rental may end up being a cost effective solution. You should be able to pick one up from a Downtown Disney resort hotel and make it to Uni before park opens. Or you can arrange to get one from the Swolphin or Car Care Center.

Upvote 0

luv

Mears has a shuttle.

Uni also will frequently run promos with free transportation from Disney.

I just drove. It's not far and its not confusing.

But the best way to go to Uni is to stay there, which I figured out after a bit. :)

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Uni also will frequently run promos with free transportation from Disney.
This is good to know about for which to keep an eye open. Although in my trip planning, we will probably start at USF and end at Disney. While I would guess they will pick up from Disney, I am not too sure they will be so willing to drive you to Disney. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We've always booked shuttle service thru Mears. It's about $18 pp roundtrip. Call them the day before you want to go and arrange a pick up time and location and then when you want to come back from the parks just call them 2 hours prior to wanting to leave. It's quite simple and has worked well for us.

Upvote 0

acishere

During our last WDW park day we took an afternoon break to pick up a rental car from the Swan/Dolphin. Then used the rental for the Uni leg of the trip. We did the car though because we wanted to be able to leave midday for a break and getting a cab 4 times a day seemed like a pain.

I also recommend staying closer to Universal. Staying on site there is very expensive, but even staying offsite across the street will make your life a lot easier.

Upvote 0

CarlFredricksen

If you have more than 4 ppl, which you do, take the taxi. Taxi is $37-42 each way plus tip so roughly $80 bucks total for 5 ppl. The Mears shuttle is great for smaller groups, however at $19 rt it makes a lot more sense for your group to take a taxi van.

As someone mentioned earlier, leaving from DTD may save you $5 bucks each way when taking a taxi vs leaving from your resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom