Universal Tickets

10sne1

Original Poster
Any good places to purchase tickets for the 2 parks? I bet there's no discount other than the 2 day park pass... just a hunch..:animwink:

woofboy111

I think Universal does give a AAA discount. Also, right now they are offering a third day free if you buy a two park ticket.

10sne1

Original Poster
Great... because we are AAA members. I knew there was a reason I didn't want my husband to cancel my membership! Do I order them over the Universal website?:)

The 3rd free day is great but we will only have 2 days their!
Thanks,

wanabeimagineer

I'm not sure if this applies to anyone here, but if you work at Publix Supermarkets, you can get 10 dollars off of a one day one park. I got it when I worked there.

Originally posted by 10sne1
Great... because we are AAA members. I knew there was a reason I didn't want my husband to cancel my membership! Do I order them over the Universal website?:)

The 3rd free day is great but we will only have 2 days their!
Thanks,
go to the aaa office and get them there

10sne1

Original Poster
aaa for me

okay, okay, you made up my mind. i'm getting them at aaa! I just called and i can save a little over $55.oo for our group of 5 for the 2 day pass!

Good idea

:animwink:

DLMAGICDARREN

Not sure what your intents are over the two days, but just keep in mind there is a bonus pass, if you intend to see both parks. The pass is good for five consecutive days (and I realize you only have two available) but this would let you park hop for the two days you have. Even if you don't park hop (because that can eat up some time where as one day at each park is the logical thing to do), it's a good value. Or it would work both your days at one park, if you are only intrested in one park.

The cost of the pass is still less then two one day passes. Not sure if AAA can sell you this pass, but if you are intrested it's known as the Universal Bonus Pass.

10sne1

Original Poster
hmmm... the universal bonus pass... I'll have to check it out. aaa sells a 2-day universal pass (not a hopper) for 2 adults and 3 children which comes to $394.50. I wonder if I could get it any cheaper? Maybe different aaa offices might sell different passes. It's definitely something to look into!

Thanks
:sohappy:

10sne1

Original Poster
The hopper pass is a great deal if your spending 3 or more days otherwise aaa is the better deal.

It was worth checking though!:animwink:

ksdave

Just to clarify for everyone, I was just at USF/IOA last month and bought the standard 2-day, 2-park pass. I did this because I was only there for one day (business trip) and I wanted to go to both parks. The second day never expires and I can also park hop whenever I go back and use the second day.
Also, it doesn't take long at all to go from one park to the other. I walked from IOA to USF around 1:30PM and it only took about (10) minutes. If it is a slow day like the one I had, doing both parks on the same day is not inefficient at all.

10sne1

Original Poster
Wow... I would love it if we could do 2 parks in 1 day, the we could go back and do the same thing the next day! YippeeeeeeI I doubt it will be slow when we go.I'm figuring 1 day in each park.

(58 days to go) po here we come...

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DLMAGICDARREN

Park hopping is a lot of fun, but even though the parks are located close togeather (and I do beleive 10 minutes is an accurate timeframe to cross Citiwalk), it is just not as productive as completing one park each day.

It's kind of like doing one Adventureland attraction at the Magic Kingdom, then hopping over to Tomorrowland, just because you can, rather then fisnishing Adventureland first.

To a guest that knows both parks well, and knows what attractions are important to them, park hopping is great, but to a guest exploring the parks that has two days anyway? I say why park hop, since each park will easily fill up the entire day anyway.

Of course it's any guests' preference, so however you do it, so long as you have fun, that's what counts!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if you're a AAA member, and you plan on 3 days, it's cheaper to buy an AP at a AA office for $99 and then get food and merchandise discounts

tink2dw

The Entertainment book has discounts for US/IOA,too!! in the glossy middle section.

Plus there is the Fan Club Discounts too.

Claire L

Check out the online ticket ordering service on Universal's website. I've worked out that if you want to spend three or more days at the two parks then it pays to buy the Annual Power Pass for $99.95 (although it does have blackout dates of all weekends June 29th to August 11th inclusive and Christmas). At least if the weather or crowds are bad one day you can leave early and not feel as if you are wasting your money, or you can have a lay in and go to the park later in the day.
I'm seriously considering getting it for my visit in June.
Claire L :sohappy:

woofboy111

But with that pass you have to pay for parking. I guess if you don't visit much, but plan to go more than twice, it's worth it, but if you live locally and go at least twice a month, (right now it's been twice a week for me!!!) then you'd be better off getting an annual pass so you get free parking.

You can't park in a hotel and take a boat over to avoid paying parking either. You need to pay for parking even if you are planning to eat dinner at the one of the Universal hotels.

Claire L

Woofboy111,
If I were that living that close (and I wish I was) I'd do the same and go for the annual pass with parking etc included. But for me it's a few thousand miles across that little pond called The Atlantic. For two of us visiting the park a maximum of 5 times including parking we are still only paying $235 for the Power Pass compared to $320 for the full Annual pass.
Claire L
PS Whats the weather like at the moment ? Here its wet windy and less than 60 degrees- depressing in one word.:cry:

woofboy111

Originally posted by Claire L

PS Whats the weather like at the moment ? Here its wet windy and less than 60 degrees- depressing in one word.:cry:

It's hoter than normally at this time of year (I don't like it:mad: ). I think yesterday was a record high for the season. During the days it's in the high 80s and at night it's in the 70s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom