Universal Swimming in Winter

captainkidd

Original Poster
Been to Disney many times in the winter months, but will be at Universal for the 1st time in February during a colder month. First, I'm guessing all the pools stay open at the hotels, correct? Second, since they're all like bathtubs in the summer, is it safe to assume they are warm enough to swim in February?

Disneyhead'71

Been to Disney many times in the winter months, but will be at Universal for the 1st time in February during a colder month. First, I'm guessing all the pools stay open at the hotels, correct? Second, since they're all like bathtubs in the summer, is it safe to assume they are warm enough to swim in February?
Yes, all the pools are heated.

JoeCamel

Pools will close if the weather is too cold. I don't think the lifeguards can do their job wearing parkas. I think it is 40F that is the break point.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Pools will close if the weather is too cold. I don't think the lifeguards can do their job wearing parkas. I think it is 40F that is the break point.

That's too bad. The pool area at Hard Rock in the evening is our favorite spot. I know 40's in February at night are pretty common.

quackmar

I agree that your comfort will depend on where you are from.

I've personally swam at CB in late Feb and felt very comfortable. My car read -12*F on the way to the airport that year so that may have skewed my perception on what is warm.

Pixieish

I would say where are you from? No way am I going in a pool in February unless it's heated to about 85 degrees or so. Air temp needs to be at least 80 for me to get in a pool. I'm not cold tolerant any more. My kids will go in the ocean by us in February and their lips turn blue. Doesn't seem to bother them.

Same here - I can't be completely wet if it's lower than at least 80, but 85 is even better. And I live in New England, so freezing winters are common for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom