Universal superstar parade replacement?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
With Universal Japan getting a new parade with Mario and Pokémon and other illumination be dreamworks characters do you think we may get a replacement for the superstar parade?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
With Universal Japan getting a new parade with Mario and Pokémon and other illumination be dreamworks characters do you think we may get a replacement for the superstar parade?
Universal doesn’t own SpongeBob and Dora so it would make sense to remove them but keep despicable me and secret life of pets but they could add dreamworks and Nintendo floats.

Frankenstein79

I agree. They should replace SpongeBob and Dora with a dreamworks float, a transformers float, a classic monsters float, and Pokémon or a Mario float till epic universe opens. They could also have doc and the Simpsons in the parade as well.

I love the "Back to the Future" idea. It would be pretty sweet to see the DeLorean in a parade. There could be added in smoke for effects.

Frankenstein79

The current parade floats are fine, the parade is just weirdly spaced out and the stopping doesn't really do much for it. Just add Nintendo/Pokemon, and a "classics" section towards the end with BTTF/JP/Jaws

Ohhhhh yeah, Jaws would be pretty cool as well. That's one of my favorite movies of all time. They could have Quint in the Sharks mouth and he could spit blood out onto the nearby crowd.

The kids would love it.

Casper Gutman

I love the Superstar Parade. You don’t have to plan for it or camp out, it’s just a nice thing that happens in the background as you eat at the Today Cafe.

Although one time I did get trapped by it - the park was so empty there were almost no other guests on the entire street, and the performers were essentially performing just for me. I wanted to move, but it’s hard to do that without being rude when you’re fixed in Spongebob’s steely gaze.

Tom Morrow

Superstar Parade was a bit better in it's earlier years. They don't do the show stops anymore, although those were somewhat awkward with weird pacing, and I believe a few smaller floats have been MIA for a while. The parade also seems to often operate with a skeleton crew.

TTA94

A good high budget nighttime parade would be cool. I’m personally not a fan of USJs current nighttime parade due to it not being a true light parade like Magical Starlight was. But something like Magical Starlight at USO would be cool.

Coolbert

sells too much merch
I agree, I'd even go as far as saying that it's one of the best selling properties (though still way under Potter & Jurassic) at UOR with one of the busiest non-Potter/non-main stores on property (based on observation and conversational tidbits), yet it wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of it anyway.

Comped

I agree, I'd even go as far as saying that it's one of the best selling properties (though still way under Potter & Jurassic) at UOR with one of the busiest non-Potter/non-main stores on property (based on observation and conversational tidbits), yet it wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of it anyway.
Surely if that was the case we would have seen a permit filed? At least if they were going to do anything in the near future with that space. I do agree that it is one of the easier things for Universal to drop, particularly because they don't own it, but I don't know if it's in their interest to do so at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom