Universal Studios Orlando attendance down 12% in 2009 from 2008

Courtney1188

And looks like it is even worse in 2010, from what I saw on my visit on Friday. Universal was totally dead, the streets were practically empty all day!

Mouse Man

Honestly I believe the time to watch is when HP WWoHP opens this year. The parks attendance should jump way up. Now if this does not improve or attendance stays the same in the parks then it is time to worry. I believe a lot of families are wiating for WWoHP to open and a great increase in attendance will occur.

Slipknot

Of course WWoHP will pull in more guests than usual. The question is will it stay that way after it's been open for a year or two?

Slipknot

I have three words for the naysayers:

Five hour queue

I have five words for you:

How long will that last?

BTW. I'm not "naysaying." I'm hoping it pulls in a ton of revenue and guests so Universal can add to an already amazing place to have some fun. I just hope that whatever they plan to do after WWoHP it is a little better than Simpsons (made me nauseous, unfortunately).

T-1MILLION

I have five words for you:

How long will that last?

BTW. I'm not "naysaying." I'm hoping it pulls in a ton of revenue and guests so Universal can add to an already amazing place to have some fun. I just hope that whatever they plan to do after WWoHP it is a little better than Simpsons (made me nauseous, unfortunately).

Simpsons was a quick fix. Although you do not like it and I do not care for it for different reasons it is still a money maker and a draw for many.

Harry Potter is going to be huge and will last a while. It will be this decade's spiderman plus a current property that spans generations now from Books AND movies. Billions of dollars in that. The draw will last a while and the popularity of the characters in pop culture for longer. you will likely get a Star Wars Weekend event out of this too. It is very smart.

Also there are still two movies to come out, and just went the initial large numbers of the opening will start to die down you have lots of synergy left. Even people who do not know a lot about or care a lot for Potter will be amazed at the experience itself. Much like with Spiderman, or Terminator..ect.. A Great well designed attraction is a great well designed attraction and will be bragged about and pushed by others.

hack2112

Simpsons was a quick fix. Although you do not like it and I do not care for it for different reasons it is still a money maker and a draw for many.
If you enjoy the humor of the Simpsons, then the attraction is phenomenal, but if you don't, then it's just ok. I miss BttF like everyone else, but you can't deny that the Simpsons helped to pull more people in the back of the park and seems to have added a little more life to the area it resides.

Of course there are always two pictures in the Studios park I have to take whenever I go: Boris S.'s window and Doc Brown with the Delorean.

Harry Potter is going to be huge and will last a while. It will be this decade's spiderman plus a current property that spans generations now from Books AND movies.
It should be. I'm hoping for a soft open before I go away so I can see it for myself.

Billions of dollars in that. The draw will last a while and the popularity of the characters in pop culture for longer. you will likely get a Star Wars Weekend event out of this too. It is very smart.
And awesome. HP Weekends? Sign me up.

Also there are still two movies to come out, and just went the initial large numbers of the opening will start to die down you have lots of synergy left. Even people who do not know a lot about or care a lot for Potter will be amazed at the experience itself. Much like with Spiderman, or Terminator..ect.. A Great well designed attraction is a great well designed attraction and will be bragged about and pushed by others.
QFT.

hack2112

Will that be due to a hopeless lack of capacity like Rip Ride, or because it will be very popular? ;)
Well played, sir.

It's actually because of all the crazy Potter fans that will live at the park from June 18 until the end of time.

And Rockit is getting better capacity-wise. Hopefully they'll open Express by the Summer.

All I truly care about is them returning the water vortex to Poseidon's Fury.

mrmischief

Honestly I believe the time to watch is when HP WWoHP opens this year. The parks attendance should jump way up. Now if this does not improve or attendance stays the same in the parks then it is time to worry. I believe a lot of families are wiating for WWoHP to open and a great increase in attendance will occur.

I totally agree, especially for us in the UK, it usually takes a couple of years to save for our vacation to Orlando, so it really is worth waiting until there is a new attraction like WWoHP to visit. Maybe many others are doing the same:lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Well played, sir.

It's actually because of all the crazy Potter fans that will live at the park from June 18 until the end of time.

And Rockit is getting better capacity-wise. Hopefully they'll open Express by the Summer.

All I truly care about is them returning the water vortex to Poseidon's Fury.

As well as the water, a return to the opening day story would be nice.

hack2112

As well as the water, a return to the opening day story would be nice.
Oh, I completely agree, but if you can get a good Taylor, the current show is hilarious.

And if you talk to the TMs there, the only thing they ask you to do is complain at Guest Relations about it. (However doing it at the end of GradBash can lead to some hilarious results.)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
If I was a betting man I would say that WWoHP is going to have cause a small increase for a short while, but levels will take years (3-4) to get back to the 2008 levels. I read as much as I can about WWoHP to see if I wanted to go for a day or two after my next WDW trip. So far the answer is no, WWoHP is not enough to get me there.

T-1MILLION

If I was a betting man I would say that WWoHP is going to have cause a small increase for a short while, but levels will take years (3-4) to get back to the 2008 levels. I read as much as I can about WWoHP to see if I wanted to go for a day or two after my next WDW trip. So far the answer is no, WWoHP is not enough to get me there.

Be thankful you are not a betting man.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom