Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

Tony Perkis

I'm sick of 3D.
This is the one attraction that would benefit immensely from 3D. The transitions from the live sets to the 2D screens have always been the worst aspect of the ride, and the muted colors of the projection system always took me a bit out of the attraction. This upgrade, given some lighting changes as well, would be most welcome.

monkey92514

US debut? I'm guessing you mean US debut of 3DFJ? Just clarifying.

Mixed feelings on the 3D element. On the one hand, while the screen bits already work pretty well in standard, the 3D could add a new layer of coolness/immersion. On the other hand, I thought Gringotts had the weakest 3D out of both Orlando parks.....not the best sign. Adding to that concern: EFG's 3D seemed to work better in non-front rows, further from the screens; FJ seems to position you rather close to them.

Still nice to get an official time range (and to get the ride itself, of course).

Californian Elitist

This is the one attraction that would benefit immensely from 3D. The transitions from the live sets to the 2D screens have always been the worst aspect of the ride, and the muted colors of the projection system always took me a bit out of the attraction. This upgrade, given some lighting changes as well, would be most welcome.

I personally just don't like 3D, especially at Universal Hollywood where almost every ride is 3D. 3D effects give me headaches.

180º

I can deal with the 3D, but what concerns me is whether the goggles will dim or obscure the dark ride portions in the rest of the attraction. I've never been on FJ, though, so I have no firsthand point of reference for the 2D version.

Californian Elitist

Now that I've had time to reflect on my experience since riding Supercharged twice, I have to say I don't like it for the most part, and there are a few positives.

The positives:
  • the interior of the entrance is beautiful and really well-themed, as well as the exterior
  • the pre-show special effects are seriously cool
  • love that we're driving through Los Angeles
  • it's part of the Studio Tour...if it were a stand alone ride, it would be tragic
  • it's WAY better than the dancing cars on sticks and mummy tunnel that used to be there
The negatives:
  • the "plot" is weird, the script is pretty terrible, and the acting is bad as well (not from everyone)
  • too man half-naked women in the attraction/the party scene is awkward
  • the screens are two short
  • the ride itself is too short
  • the special effects once the ride starts are SO BAD...felt like I was in Grand Theft Auto, aka, it looked like video game effects
  • too much water effects
  • doesn't feel like one's going 120/mph
  • no "live" effects, aka, I thought that helicopter was going to be a prop that came down on guests...NOPE!
  • some parts of the attraction are inappropriate for children
I've heard some changes have already been made to the attraction. Team Members completed surveys about their opinions for the ride, thank God. Universal missed it this time. They really need to come up with a solution quick, though I'm hearing regular guests like the ride, while team embers don't. The highlight of the preview night was getting the chance to sing "Have a Tramtastic Day" with fellow team members. If you're familiar with Universal Studios Hollywood, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Mike S

Now that I've had time to reflect on my experience since riding Supercharged twice, I have to say I don't like it for the most part, and there are a few positives.

The positives:
  • the interior of the entrance is beautiful and really well-themed, as well as the exterior
  • the pre-show special effects are seriously cool
  • love that we're driving through Los Angeles
  • it's part of the Studio Tour...if it were a stand alone ride, it would be tragic
  • it's WAY better than the dancing cars on sticks and mummy tunnel that used to be there
The negatives:
  • the "plot" is weird, the script is pretty terrible, and the acting is bad as well (not from everyone)
  • too man half-naked women in the attraction/the party scene is awkward
  • the screens are two short
  • the ride itself is too short
  • the special effects once the ride starts are SO BAD...felt like I was in Grand Theft Auto, aka, it looked like video game effects
  • too much water effects
  • doesn't feel like one's going 120/mph
  • no "live" effects, aka, I thought that helicopter was going to be a prop that came down on guests...NOPE!
  • some parts of the attraction are inappropriate for children
I've heard some changes have already been made to the attraction. Team Members completed surveys about their opinions for the ride, thank God. Universal missed it this time. They really need to come up with a solution quick, though I'm hearing regular guests like the ride, while team embers don't. The highlight of the preview night was getting the chance to sing "Have a Tramtastic Day" with fellow team members. If you're familiar with Universal Studios Hollywood, you'll know what I'm talking about.
I only watched video but Kong 360 seems much better 3D tunnel vs. 3D tunnel.

Mike S

Another Universal screen attraction?
Another disappointing WDW attraction?
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom