Universal Studios help for 2021

emcarle27

Original Poster
Hi There!

We are planning to do a week at Disney and then switch over to Universal October 4-8, 2021. We haven't been to Universal Orlando in at least 10 years.

Between staying at premier hotel (Lowes Portofino Bay seems to be cheapest) which includes Express Passes Unlimited, plus the cost of park passes we're looking at a total of about $2k.

Plan is to arrive Monday from Disney. Debating if we should do a park on Monday or just do citywalk/resort day. Then do full day of Universal and then full day of Islands of Adventure. Would this be enough to get everything done?

Last day plan is to go to SeaWorld as it is a favorite of mine.

Would love people's thoughts.

JoeCamel

Hi There!

We are planning to do a week at Disney and then switch over to Universal October 4-8, 2021. We haven't been to Universal Orlando in at least 10 years.

Between staying at premier hotel (Lowes Portofino Bay seems to be cheapest) which includes Express Passes Unlimited, plus the cost of park passes we're looking at a total of about $2k.

Plan is to arrive Monday from Disney. Debating if we should do a park on Monday or just do citywalk/resort day. Then do full day of Universal and then full day of Islands of Adventure. Would this be enough to get everything done?

Last day plan is to go to SeaWorld as it is a favorite of mine.

Would love people's thoughts.
If you head over to Orlando Informer (.com) you will find days worth of Universal planning. If you like they will help you book at no charge to you once you work out the details of what you want to do. It is simply the most complete source of information about visiting Universal today.

Jon81uk

In October it shouldn't be too busy and one full day at each park should be enough, especially if you have express pass. Although if you have never been before you might like a third day to revisit the highlights and anything you missed.

Disneyhead'71

I say do a park on the first day. First of all. You can check in as early as 6am. Coming all the way from Disney, a relatively early arrival should be doable. Not necessarily 6am but 10a-10:30a seems reasonable. They will stow your luggage and text you when the room is ready. Grab your express passes and off to CityWalk for lunch. Then choose a park. Express Passes make for a nice leisurely spontaneity lost in the modern theme park experience and since you get them with your room on arrival day, it seems a waste not to use them.

emcarle27

Original Poster
I say do a park on the first day. First of all. You can check in as early as 6am. Coming all the way from Disney, a relatively early arrival should be doable. Not necessarily 6am but 10a-10:30a seems reasonable. They will stow your luggage and text you when the room is ready. Grab your express passes and off to CityWalk for lunch. Then choose a park. Express Passes make for a nice leisurely spontaneity lost in the modern theme park experience and since you get them with your room on arrival day, it seems a waste not to use them.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking anyway. I figured the first day we could get a scope of the park and like you said, since we have the express pass, I don't want to waste them.

Rob562

One thing to be aware of is that October will mean Halloween Horror Nights. While the event dates can vary a bit year to year, expect the Studios park to close at 5pm every day other than Monday and Tuesday that week.

-Rob

JillC LI

Two full days is likely enough, but if you do one day per park, be aware that you will not be able to ride the Hogwarts Express between the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom