Universal Orlando Silently closes Barney

Inspired Figment

I think the thing that disappoints me most with that is it isn’t really a cohesive or immersive, well produced show. It’s basically just become a bland character meet n greet/dance party area… not that I was any fan of Barney, but that certainly felt better produced than ‘that’…. That just feels overly pandering, rushed, and corporate IMO.
If you’re gonna use Dreamworks or Illumination for your IP replacement in this area.. atleast make it a unique, well produced show. Not something I could easily experience.. at say, DHS or DCA at the Disney Junior Dance Party building, simply with different walk around characters..

Last edited:

JT3000

I think the thing that disappoints me most with that is it isn’t really a cohesive or immersive, well produced show. It’s basically just become a bland character meet n greet/dance party area… not that I was any fan of Barney, but that certainly felt better produced than ‘that’…. That just feels overly pandering, rushed, and corporate IMO.
If you’re gonna use Dreamworks or Illumination for your IP replacement in this area.. atleast make it a unique, well produced show. Not something I could easily experience.. at say, DHS or DCA at the Disney Junior Dance Party building, simply with different walk around characters..
It's temporary.

JoeCamel

Looks like a way to have a socially distant M&G

FlaMatt

I'm not the target audience for this, but I'm sure it'll be fun for those who grew up with and are more attached to these characters. At least this space is getting some love until a more permanent show moves in.

Also a little surprised it took this long for a Dreamworks dance party show considering how every Dreamworks animated movie seems to end with a dance party.

The Grand Inquisitor

I'm not the target audience for this, but I'm sure it'll be fun for those who grew up with and are more attached to these characters. At least this space is getting some love until a more permanent show moves in.

Also a little surprised it took this long for a Dreamworks dance party show considering how every Dreamworks animated movie seems to end with a dance party.
Exactly. When I went back in 2018 the trolls were super popular for the meet and greet. These characters are insanely popular with kids now. Plus it makes sense for Universal to use them in the parks more often now that they own them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom