Universal Orlando Silently closes Barney

JT3000

This could potentially be a good thing, at least for USF (not so much EU.) Or it could be nothing and we just have more wasted space in the park. Hooray!

Disneyhead'71

Sing! On Tour!

8-1.jpg

Jwhee

It was one of the best shows in the park. Hopefully they replace it and don’t let the building sit for awhile.

macefamily

Memories, memories......my daughter was a Barney maniac. We had all of the videos, and we went to all the shows when they came through our area. Barney was the best babysitter. Throw a video in, and my kids were glued to the TV for an hour. I remember taking my kids to the Universal show for the first time. They played in that Barney play area in the shop for an hour. I remember my daughter grabbing the confetti from the end of the show and putting it in her pockets to take home (which she did). She had it taped to her bedroom dresser mirror for years. She's now 24 and living on her own in Jacksonville, FL. As a joke, about three years ago we went into the Barney show with my daughter. There were about 10 of us. It was a shame how little anyone cared about that big purple dinosaur anymore.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There are a few areas that would warrant a make-over.

Obviously Kid zone. But also Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent I think are ripe. It seems the LoR rumor is back. Which has it taking over Toon Lagoon. Another thing I've been hearing is a possible expansion of Hogsmeade or possibly Zelda. Which would make sense in the Lost Continent space. I'm not sure what has/hasn't been confirmed for EPIC. But a "How to Train Your Dragon" type land would fit nicely in Kid Zone.

Inspired Figment

Honestly, it’d make a lot of sense to me for them to put a Land Before Time themed show/area or darkride in the Barney show’s place. I mean, if they wanna keep the whole Steven Spielberg theme they have going on there.. with E.T. & American Tail right there. That’d honestly make the most sense IMO. Not to mention, I believe it’s the most timeless option with the widest age appeal and I have no doubt merch of those characters would sell like wildfire.

The Grand Inquisitor

There are a few areas that would warrant a make-over.

Obviously Kid zone. But also Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent I think are ripe. It seems the LoR rumor is back. Which has it taking over Toon Lagoon. Another thing I've been hearing is a possible expansion of Hogsmeade or possibly Zelda. Which would make sense in the Lost Continent space. I'm not sure what has/hasn't been confirmed for EPIC. But a "How to Train Your Dragon" type land would fit nicely in Kid Zone.
Honestly I would be ok with a pokemon or trolls land replacing kidszone. I heard Universal is still moving forward with Epic Universe. So that means pokemon could take over where fear factor and men in black are. I could see trolls repalicng kidszone. They could do a sing along show where barney is and re-theme the play areas and the coaster.

lazyboy97o

Honestly I would be ok with a pokemon or trolls land replacing kidszone. I heard Universal is still moving forward with Epic Universe. So that means pokemon could take over where fear factor and men in black are. I could see trolls repalicng kidszone. They could do a sing along show where barney is and re-theme the play areas and the coaster.
A Pokémon replacement for KidsZone was in the works until Epic Universe was pushed ahead of it and the Zelda remake of Lost Continent.

Inspired Figment

Ngl… kiinda wish that was replaced with a Land Before Time themed show instead to go with the whole Spielberg theme there.. but I get it. As long as E.T. Adventure isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon. I’m happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom