Universal is under construction????

suzie

Original Poster
Hi,

I want your opinion on what I should do? Going to Orlando will be staying offsite with 8 members of my family.

We want to go to Universal Studio of course and yesterday I met a lady who just came back from Universal Studio telling me that everything is under construction and not to go there and you will not see anything and they charge you to enter the park eventhough you can't see anything and blah blah.....

Ok now, I'm getting my info from pros (you guys) eh eh.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

tds4ever

Sure there is alot of construction going on but everything isn't closed... just... detoured. Over at Islands of Adventure they are building up the Harry Potter area and have detoured Dueling Dragons. And over at Universal they are still building up the Rip Roarin' Coaster which is growing fast.
As far as I could tell most all the rides are running unless they are under referb. Maybe it's because I live here I don't notice if anything else is blocked off. Next time I'm there I'll take another look around.

figment1988

Hi,

I want your opinion on what I should do? Going to Orlando will be staying offsite with 8 members of my family.

We want to go to Universal Studio of course and yesterday I met a lady who just came back from Universal Studio telling me that everything is under construction and not to go there and you will not see anything and they charge you to enter the park eventhough you can't see anything and blah blah.....

Ok now, I'm getting my info from pros (you guys) eh eh.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

not to derail the topic from it's focus point, but it looks like this lady who told you didn't have such a good day there. returning to the main point of this topic. while there is construction, everything is in operation. the one thing is there's that alternate bridge right where the Watering Hole in Jurassic Park is. and as for UO, there is nothing much except HRRR's construction which won't affect your time there. regardless i think you'll have a swell time @ UO and IOA

lilclerk

Keep in mind that not everything runs every day right now. For example, my nephew was absolutely devastated when we had our Universal day on a Tuesday only to discover the Jurassic Park ride is only open Friday & Saturday. That ride was pretty much the reason he wanted to go to Florida and due to my poor planning, he had a pretty sad day. :(

suzie

Original Poster
Thanks guys I'll make sure to have a look at Universal's schedule.

Thanks again you guys are great.

kcnole

A few attractions have been moved to Seasonal status (Twister and Fear Factor) but you're not missing anything on those. There's also the possibility that some attractions may be under a refurb (the old unicorn coaster). That said all the other attractions should be running.

The Lost Continent area is a mess of walls as they build the HP Land but everything is running there. As also said there's a great deal of construction going on in Universal for the new coaster there, but nothing has been closed for it. I don't think that lady really knew what she was talking about.

disneytopdog

I am planning a trip Thanksgiving weekend, how torn up is the place going to be? From reading the post and looking at the UA/IOA website it seems the only thing that will be torn up/under construction will be the Harry Potter area.

Keep in mind that not everything runs every day right now. For example, my nephew was absolutely devastated when we had our Universal day on a Tuesday only to discover the Jurassic Park ride is only open Friday & Saturday. That ride was pretty much the reason he wanted to go to Florida and due to my poor planning, he had a pretty sad day. :(

Since when has J/P only opened on Friday and Saturday? there is nothing is noting on the website to state that it has gone seasonal? :shrug:

EvanAnderson

^They probably caught it on the week it was down for refurb, and it reopened on Friday and Saturday. Thus thinking its only open on fridays and saturdays, but trust me, its open everyday.

^They probably caught it on the week it was down for refurb, and it reopened on Friday and Saturday. Thus thinking its only open on fridays and saturdays, but trust me, its open everyday.

Yeah I never thought about the refurb. I would have been shocked if it was only open 2 days a week.

drp4video

Just got back last friday. Did Islands of Adventure only. Everything was open except the flying unicorn and basically wait times were about 5-10 minutes. Cool to see the Potter construction.

crazydaveh

I am planning a trip Thanksgiving weekend, how torn up is the place going to be? From reading the post and looking at the UA/IOA website it seems the only thing that will be torn up/under construction will be the Harry Potter area.

The park will not be "torn up." Though some fans of the other Orlando parks will say that, because you can see the Harry Potter construction from a lot of angles. The detour at IOA due to the construction isn't that bad, and honestly, unless you've hung out with Doc Brown and been to the future, none of us have a clue what it will be like come November.

One of the water rides might be down for refurb in early November, but other than that, everything should be going, including the new coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom