UNIVERSAL FOR DUMMIES, OR JUST ME

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sorry, but I am special.

I want to purchase Universal tickets for two days in November and know that I must do a park to park option in order to experience the Hogwarts express train. Do you select dates on the site? I do not see the option anywhere and am hesitant to just purchase tickets, when would they be good until?

Also, through my employer, they offer discounts with ADP. Has anyone ever used this? I believe it's called lifecare or lifemart. They have the same offer for the two days park to park as long as it's used within 14 days of the first activation.. but no expiration date is listed. Can I purchase now for November?

This is too confusing.

---Universal virgin

clemmo

Looks like i may also be going to universal for 2 days or so in late june. What are the more more tame rides at both parks. Are either of the potter rides ok for those with motion sickness or should i just avoid? Also what are the good places to eat and good shows. Any info on the parks or city walk helps

imperius

Looks like i may also be going to universal for 2 days or so in late june. What are the more more tame rides at both parks. Are either of the potter rides ok for those with motion sickness or should i just avoid? Also what are the good places to eat and good shows. Any info on the parks or city walk helps
If you get motion sick you should avoid forbidden journey but might be ok with Gringotts. Gringotts has screens and I think a mild spin but it is more coaster based. So if you get sick on a coaster than don't ride it.

clemmo

If you get motion sick you should avoid forbidden journey but might be ok with Gringotts. Gringotts has screens and I think a mild spin but it is more coaster based. So if you get sick on a coaster than don't ride it.
It depends how fast or intense of a coaster it is. I know for sure i can do flight of the hippogriff not saying much though

matt9112

It depends how fast or intense of a coaster it is. I know for sure i can do flight of the hippogriff not saying much though

Gringos is relatively mild it has one decent drop in darkness than a few times where the cars spin I believe.

fosse76

Only Express Passes require specific dates, because the pricing varies and is based on expected attendance for that day.

clemmo

Gringos is relatively mild it has one decent drop in darkness than a few times where the cars spin I believe.
Ok looks like i'll add it to the list then, thanks for the info. Also is the express pass worth it? I don't know the uni wait times like I know disney's so I'm not sure which rides get the waits.

trr1

I believe that express pass cant be used on Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts s for buying a express pass
as for the crowds try this it tells you approximately how busy it will be
and this should help you with whether you should get an express pass

Last edited:

matt9112

I believe that express pass cant be used on Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts s for buying a express pass
as for the crowds try this it tells you approximately how busy it will be
and this should help you with whether you should get an express pass

Correct no exspress pass for any harry potter rides. I dont think you will need them but would they help? Ofcourse. Universal lines are nothing like disneys in my opinion.

clemmo

Will reign of kong be ok to ride with motion sickness? It doesn't look too intense from what I can tell but I'm sure you guys probably know more about the ride system.

Disneyhead'71

Kong will be like Kilimanjaro Safaris in regards to motion sickness.

As far as motion sickness goes, I would give "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man" a go and see how you do. Of Universal's 3D rides, it is the least likely to induce motion sickness. If you can handle Spider-man, then Transformers and Gringott's should be doable. Simpson's is a straight up simulator and has a tendency to bother some folks. And Forbidden Journey flings you around a good bit and also is famous for being rough for those that are prone to motion sickness. Not Mission Space levels but close.

JoeCamel

Will reign of kong be ok to ride with motion sickness? It doesn't look too intense from what I can tell but I'm sure you guys probably know more about the ride system.

I think you are fine with the ride vehicle but how are you with 3D? If you can handle the other attractions that have the tech you should do fine here.

clemmo

Kong will be like Kilimanjaro Safaris in regards to motion sickness.

As far as motion sickness goes, I would give "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man" a go and see how you do. Of Universal's 3D rides, it is the least likely to induce motion sickness. If you can handle Spider-man, then Transformers and Gringott's should be doable. Simpson's is a straight up simulator and has a tendency to bother some folks. And Forbidden Journey flings you around a good bit and also is famous for being rough for those that are prone to motion sickness. Not Mission Space levels but close.

I think you are fine with the ride vehicle but how are you with 3D? If you can handle the other attractions that have the tech you should do fine here.
I'm usually fine with 3D especially if the vehicle is like the safaris in DAK. Thanks for all the tips and recommendations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom