Universal Express Pass

mitchs

Original Poster
Have 4 tix for Universal for Friday July13. What is the express pass, Do I need this pass and can I purchase this pass even though I already have the tickets?
:veryconfu

Michael72688

It is Universal's equivalent to Disney's Fastpass except you have to pay for it at Universal. You can buy them however I would wait untill you get to the park to guage the crowds but you should know there are only a limited number of express passes sold per day. Also these passes are good for one use per ride thats it, it isnt a bad deal actually but it cant get expensive especially during the summer.

cmatt

It is Universal's equivalent to Disney's Fastpass except you have to pay for it at Universal. You can buy them however I would wait untill you get to the park to guage the crowds but you should know there are only a limited number of express passes sold per day. Also these passes are good for one use per ride thats it, it isnt a bad deal actually but it cant get expensive especially during the summer.

depends actually - if you buy them online before you get a discount...

my express pass things costed $40 for two - and i think its slightly more in the parks...

primetime52

If you're going on a week day you probably won't need it. In my experience, the crowds there are typically very light during the week.

slappy magoo

If you have time, go online and see how much they'd be for the day(s) you plan to be there. It might be only 15 or 20 dollars and that might be within your comfort zone. Then, when you DO go to the parks, go early, don't use the passes right away as you probably won't need them at first, do as much as you can without them, and then when crowds start developing, go back and use your passes on the rides you really like so you can ride them again with no wait.

metscool

my express pass things costed $40 for two - and i think its slightly more in the parks...
It depends on the day. You can pay more or less depending on how many people are there for that day.

Also these passes are good for one use per ride thats it, it isnt a bad deal actually but it cant get expensive especially during the summer.
You can use the passes once every ride expect for two. Dragons and Pflyers over at JP. Pflyers doesn't have it and they won't tell you that when you because people don't look at the small print on the tickets that say that. Dragons you can use it because there are two different coasters so we don't want guest to think that they can use their express passes on one but not the other.

O and the Pflyers run the longest wait time in the park because of the no use of express passes and they can only use three trains at one time with every train having two seats. The ride is only 80 sec. long. If I was you go do that ride right when the park opens do that and then go do the other rides.

crazydaveh

I would go ahead and get the passes. Yes, it's more money, but it's nice to skip the lines and enjoy the attractions. This way you can take your time and do it all without running everywhere.

If you're staying at Universal, you skip the lines with your room key!

Mufasa's Pride

If you plan on going to both parks on one day, do you need two express passes per person? Also, does this pass get you closer to the front of the line than Disney's fastpasses?

cmatt

If you plan on going to both parks on one day, do you need two express passes per person? Also, does this pass get you closer to the front of the line than Disney's fastpasses?

only the persons that will want to ride.... imho they do - infact i got on the hulk twice within 15 mins with it - rather then the 40 minute wait for it...

some of it was that i am a single rider mind you - mrs c wont do rollercoasters!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom