Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

TalkToEthan

Because of Diagon Alley Universal got me to do one or two things I would have absolutely never done: watch a Potter movie(HATED IT!) and very recently How To Train Your Dragon(pretty much hated that, too)

Can’t wait for this park…….it’s going to change the game with its over the top place settings.

trr1

You know what I can respect Rango on that list
this one?
1723233678766.png

TalkToEthan

Yes, that one…… the only animated movie I have ever enjoyed(as an adult of course).

Based on strong reviews and more importantly it looking to be a spectacular land at Epic against my better judgement I put in for “How To Train Your Dragon” and as expected animated/kid movies interest me…..more or less never.

Last edited:

sedati

I had been excited when I heard we were getting a version of the Indonimous chase from China, but feel it will be half as effective when seen from inside a box.
Guess I don't have to wonder as we're not getting this sequence, or at least not with the physical chase as seen in China.

I do wonder what kind of motion this will have. I think up and down will be utilized, but can't imagine it being too crazy. Star Tours has us facing a fixed point. Here we'll be set up sideways and offered a much wider field of view. The motion of such a box means those on the sides will feel a lot more motion than those in the center. I think it's going to be more mild in its movements- more like Soarin'. Especially with the minimal restraints.

Still excited for this attraction and the park as a whole, but I feel every bit of news about Epic starting with the initial concept art has lowered my expectations. This is the curse of following rumors however and I accept that.

Expectations managed.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Last edited:

cheezbat

Which do you think will be superior? From what I understand these will both be “best in the world” contenders.
As much as I love the Monsters concept and getting to see a new version of the Kuka Robocoaster in action, I think the Potter Ministry ride will probably be even more impressive. They are throwing so much at this ride…

cheezbat

Even the 'tea cup' ride with no RVs yet? Or the water ride in HTTYD that doesn't have water in it?
Ok wasn’t counting the off the shelf (more basic) rides. While this carousel will be a new take, it’s still a flat ride. The splash battle ride is no different than any other aside from the theming. I was more or less referring to all the bigger rides that need far more time to test and adjust.

Comped

Coming Summer 2025!

Coming 2025!

Coming Summer 2025!
Interesting. I had always heard it was Spring 2025...
Most of the rides are already well into construction. Some are already testing, which will go a long way towards making sure they're ready.
University is already hiring a boatload of commissioning attendants, for what's that's worth. The supervisor at my interview claimed that rides weren't being tested quite yet... Though she could have been lying!
that was previously leaked on the internal team member site
It's available on the free internet for some reason!

DarkMetroid567

One of my former co-workers told me she'd been assign to T&A (Test and Adjust you dirty minded people - lol) for one of the dark rides (she wouldn't tell me which one) so at least one ride is already functional.
Not always. I was T&A for Rise of the Resistance where T&A consisted of looping the pre-show elements over and over again, hehe.

JT3000

University is already hiring a boatload of commissioning attendants, for what's that's worth. The supervisor at my interview claimed that rides weren't being tested quite yet... Though she could have been lying!
Not sure why they said that, but we've seen all of the coasters testing for weeks. The only real question marks are the indoor attractions.

Comped

Not sure why they said that, but we've seen all of the coasters testing for weeks. The only real question marks are the indoor attractions.
I didn't have the sources on me at the time to back up that though, and didn't want to argue. Wouldn't matter, I didn't get the job anyway. But I found it deeply odd...

J4546

just watched a video from overhead of the werewolf coaster and 2 things..

1. it says its a 2 minute ride but seems like 45 seconds and
2. seems like ride capicity will be terrible with only 1 car on the track at a time lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom