Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Rich Brownn

Comcast is highly leveraged. It's ratio is higher than Disney's. Now, it is sustainable at current income levels. However, if the movie business and themeparks don't come back to profitably soon both companies will be in trouble. They can't even count on the TV networks, over the air and cable because advertising revenue is drying up. The only revenue both companies can count on for the time being is. cable TV subscriptions which over the past few years has been falling. Now, I do expect the recession to be relatively short and both companies to survive but it will take several years before things get back to normal. Some people may not like this fact but I said the economy would crash, while others said only 2%. Goldman Sacks is now saying 24%. Others are saying we can lose upto 36 million jobs. I think what we are seeing was accurately predicted by those who understand economics.

Also a poster on another thread said some people are proposing pay cuts for teachers because the state can't afford to pay. States are losing billions and billions in tax revenue while racking up billions and billions in expenses. They will have to raise taxes, layoff workers, and either freeze pay for years or have pay cuts. The Federal Government will not be able to bailout all the States.
Cable companies still have the internet (which, per case, is actually more profitable than TV). No matter if its Netflix, D+, Amazon Prime.. etc. You need the internet to get it.

seascape

Cable companies still have the internet (which, per case, is actually more profitable than TV). No matter if its Netflix, D+, Amazon Prime.. etc. You need the internet to get it.
Yes, but Internet is the only business they can count on. However most smart phones can stream to smart TVs and if times get real tight then people will give up the higher speed to save money. I have tried it and it works fine. And if the Fed is right and unemployment hits 30% many companies will be out of business and not come back. Even Disney would have a hard time surviving if there were 30% unemployment for any length of time.

JoeCamel

Yes, but Internet is the only business they can count on. However most smart phones can stream to smart TVs and if times get real tight then people will give up the higher speed to save money. I have tried it and it works fine. And if the Fed is right and unemployment hits 30% many companies will be out of business and not come back. Even Disney would have a hard time surviving if there were 30% unemployment for any length of time.
Not where I live, I'm lucky to get a bar or two on Verizon and no wifi means no phone or search here. I pay Frontier to be online at home.

seascape

Not where I live, I'm lucky to get a bar or two on Verizon and no wifi means no phone or search here. I pay Frontier to be online at home.
I pray the Fed is wtong. I expected it to hit 20% with 25% a worst case. If it hits 30% anything is possible. This ks very scary.

Rich Brownn

Between low speeds and data caps, I doubt anyone would use their phone for long. The big moneymakers for Cable companies are internet and phone. On TV, so much goes back to suppliers it lowers profits a lot (heck, just the local stations are $2 each coming from your bill and doing straight to the stations.)

seascape

Between low speeds and data caps, I doubt anyone would use their phone for long. The big moneymakers for Cable companies are internet and phone. On TV, so much goes back to suppliers it lowers profits a lot (heck, just the local stations are $2 each coming from your bill and doing straight to the stations.)
Everyone I know has unlimited 4G service on their cell phones. It is not really that expensive. Anyway, thanks to the government forced shut downs 36 million jobs may be lost, according to the Federal Reserve. If this continues much longer, lots of them are not coming back.

JoeCamel

Everyone I know has unlimited 4G service on their cell phones. It is not really that expensive. Anyway, thanks to the government forced shut downs 36 million jobs may be lost, according to the Federal Reserve. If this continues much longer, lots of them are not coming back.
I have it as well but if there is no 4G or LTE available it does not matter. Phone is useless for internet in most places around here and only works with wifi. I can make a call but to who?

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

23h

A look at where Kirkman Rd will intersect with Universal Blvd. At bottom arrow in the Jan 24 aerial photo. Existing Kirkman Rd at the top arrow. At right in aerial is site of Universal's Epic Universe.
1584993251658.png
1584993260074.png

@bioreconstruct
23h

Berm at Universal's Epic Universe topped with bamboo, as seen from Destination Pwy. Aerial photo Mar 16, showing berm and nearby residences.
1584993322466.png
1584993330751.png

Views showing residences next to Universal's Epic Universe site and an adjacent berm topped with bamboo.
1584993360383.png
1584993369022.png

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

A collection of palm trees in site of Universal's Epic Universe. Aerial photo Feb 2.
1584993415793.png
1584993424667.png

trr1

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

A berm isolating South Water Reclamation Facility on Sand Lake Rd from the site of Universal's Epic Universe. Aerial photo Feb 2.
1584993474125.png
1584993485410.png

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

at Fun Spot America Orlando seen past a recently planted berm in Universal's Epic Universe site.
1584993522416.png

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

A look across the site of Universal's Epic Universe. The Wheel and Orlando Starflyer on the horizon in ICON Park. 2nd photo, aerial Feb 2 with arrow at approximate viewpoint on Destination Pwy.
1584993612739.png
1584993622083.png

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

Arrow at a single palm tree planted in Universal's Epic Universe site. As seen approx 6/10th mile from Universal Blvd. Note also roller coaster track, staged here for the unannounced Jurassic Park roller coaster in Islands of Adventure.
1584993668398.png

@bioreconstruct
Mar 22

Universal's Aventura Hotel seen shimmering in heat. View is across the Epic Universe site. hotel is approx 3 miles away. Note also Dockside towers at right.
1584995306897.png

lebeau

Inconceivable! I have it on good authority from some guy on the Internet who is very proud of his share of Disney stock that Comcast is broke and all projects have been embarrassingly canceled. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

While I'm not rooting for Universal to fail... competition is good, I have questions:

Are they really continuing to do construction in Hollywood with CA's lockdown?

And now that Orlando has a lockdown, is construction going to continue there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom