Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mine Cart Madness has 3 visible queues, so while the park may not open with Express, it’s being designed for it (and presumably single riders in this case).

I wonder which rides require lockers.

Surprisingly low height requirements here. They seem to be finally targeting families with younger kids. Nothing over 48” (and a coaster at 40” and another at 36”; presumably the Dark Universe coaster will have a low requirement, too).
This park appears to be incredibly well designed…

Can’t wait to see tons of shade thrown at it round here while wdw unveils…nothing…

Jambo Dad

This park appears to be incredibly well designed…

Can’t wait to see tons of shade thrown at it round here while wdw unveils…nothing…
I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that have angered the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.

Last edited by a moderator:

TalkToEthan

Universal finally admits what we all should know by now: screens are a detriment—-they adulterate attractions.

“There are zero screens” Referring to Donkey Kong.

Andrew25

Mine Cart Madness has 3 visible queues, so while the park may not open with Express, it’s being designed for it (and presumably single riders in this case).
Yup, with 4-passenger vehicles, I'd imagine single rider will work fine unlike Velocicoaster or Hagrid.

I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that have off the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.
There will always be a path to criticize Universal over something. Universal ain't cheap either, and in my opinion, does deserve some flack over some recent budget cuts/operational changes in the last year.

Universal finally admits what we all should know by now: screens are a detriment—-they adulterate attractions.
They've admitted that for years now, just taking time to actually open stuff up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that haveed off the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.
…that is a great point

The”superiority complex” has diminished a lot..especially since the shutdown

100% self inflicted too

Epcot82Guy

Criticism of Universal is certainly valid. Especially given their recent price hikes, food quality and the privacy policy on their facial rec system (but maybe that's the privacy attorney in me). I also think praise on this project also seems due. As always, we'll have to see the final product. But, there is a lot to be excited about, IMHO.

jrhwdw

Criticism of Universal is certainly valid. Especially given their recent price hikes, food quality and the privacy policy on their facial rec system (but maybe that's the privacy attorney in me). I also think praise on this project also seems due. As always, we'll have to see the final product. But, there is a lot to be excited about, IMHO.
Have to admit, I've been impressed with UOR this Week! They delivered, as promised Monday and Today!!! How UOR avoided HHN News with Halfway To Halloween IDK but Very Impressive!!!

This is NUTS!!! Is this a Screen or are we really going to see Guests in mid Air with nothing underneath??!??!

ToTBellHop

Have to admit, I've been impressed with UOR this Week! They delivered, as promised Monday and Today!!! How UOR avoided HHN News with Halfway To Halloween IDK but Very Impressive!!!

This is NUTS!!! Is this a Screen or are we really going to see Guests in mid Air with nothing underneath??!??!

You’ll be able to see the actual track if you look in spots. Universal isn’t the best at hiding such things. Disney USED to be excellent in this area but has slipped.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Big difference when you raise prices with heavy investments/additions going in as opposed to “cause we always do….”

JohnD

One thing I wonder about: Epic Universe will be SOOO good that guests will see USF as way beyond its prime. I mean its nothing but motion simulators and Harry Potter. I'm sure Uni will structure ticket offers to include USF as a means for guests to continue going.

ToTBellHop

One thing I wonder about: Epic Universe will be SOOO good that guests will see USF as way beyond its prime. I mean its nothing but motion simulators and Harry Potter. I'm sure Uni will structure ticket offers to include USF as a means for guests to continue going.
I presume at some point after the initial rush, they’ll push 3 and 4 park tickets, perhaps with a pre scheduled UEU day to manage crowds. They treat on-site guests better than Disney does, so I’d anticipate some sort of priority.

Brian

At least personally, I already view USF as way past its prime. The only time I'll even go anymore is for HHN.

ThemeParkTraveller

Thanks! Maybe it's blended in.......

Looks like a very clever mechanism.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 070215.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 070300.png

Earlie the Pearlie

So…
This is the land I’m least excited for. And this reveal was my least favorite/anticipated.
I know we already know everything for every land. But most of this stuff has already been built, seen, and reviewed. This video didn’t have new concept art. It didn’t have anything that we haven’t already seen. It just had videos and some concept art that’s basically just drawings of Japan’s land.
I don’t like duplicates. I know it’s unrealistic to hope for different things in every park, but do we need another identical Nintendo World? I know most people can’t afford to travel the world/country just for theme parks, but why couldn’t this Nintendo World been themed to a different location from a Mario game?
I know I’m nitpicking. But this is why is bugs me when people say, “we need this here!” Because most of the time nowadays, when theme parks build another land based on the same property, we just get a clone. (That’s why I’m excited for Avatar in Cali, and Indy in Florida- they look like they will be changed enough to be unique).
All in all, I’m really excited for this park, but this will probably be the land I will spend the least time exploring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom